POSB eSavings Account

tay76101

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
0

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,786
Actually update passbook don't take lots of time. It is the people at the ATM, don't know do what! You can see them put multiple cards end up no cash withdrew:s22:. Once I overheard a guy said "oh ****" no money:s8:

Then my parents still prefer hard copy! If you ask them to use computer to check is like asking them to run 21km=:p

Observations at POSB/DBS :
1. The queue at cash deposit machine is usually 2-3 times longer than the ATM queue.
2. At least 50% of the people use the cash deposit machine just to update passbook only. Frequently see auntie update 3 or more passbooks.

My parents do not have passbook accounts, they have passcard accounts. I am glad that they don't have to go to the CDM to update passbooks and receive their statements every month mailed to home. I do not see why anybody need a passbook.
 

myhyip4me

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
652
Reaction score
10
Did you guys get letter from POSB to auto convert? I also have passbook but din receive anything leh....
 

Suleyman

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
48
I do not see why anybody need a passbook.

I have a couple of accounts with low activity. Basically, every month 2-3 transactions type. A passbook account is lower maintenance than a statement account. Just update once every 4-5 months.

Anyway, it's nostalgic... Last time go POSB with passbook and stamps to deposit pocket money. Just that no stamps now... :D
 

knightdreamer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
I have a couple of accounts with low activity. Basically, every month 2-3 transactions type. A passbook account is lower maintenance than a statement account. Just update once every 4-5 months.

Anyway, it's nostalgic... Last time go POSB with passbook and stamps to deposit pocket money. Just that no stamps now... :D

Wow stamp on passbook!:eek: never heard before...
 

Suleyman

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
48
Wow stamp on passbook!:eek: never heard before...

Not stamps on passbook. Old fogies like me will remember when we used to buy stamps with pocket money, stick on a piece of paper and bring to POSB to deposit into our account. :)
 

knightdreamer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Not stamps on passbook. Old fogies like me will remember when we used to buy stamps with pocket money, stick on a piece of paper and bring to POSB to deposit into our account. :)

Ic:o that was interesting, so what are their values? Erm where to buy the stamps? Did you still keep them=:p

Apologise for all the questions. Perhaps you can share with us how in the past works:D
 

Suleyman

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
2,217
Reaction score
48
Ic:o that was interesting, so what are their values? Erm where to buy the stamps? Did you still keep them=:p

Apologise for all the questions. Perhaps you can share with us how in the past works:D

They were normal postage stamps. In those days, stamps were available in all sorts of denomination but I think you were supposed to use 10c stamps. There will be roadshows by POSB where they will sell the stamps or you just go to any post office to buy.

POSB will give out these savings cards with squares for you to stick the stamps onto. Once the card is full, you bring it to POSB and the value of all the stamps will be deposited into your bank account.

It was just a way to cultivate a savings habit in children. & having stamps made it more interesting.
 

myhyip4me

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
652
Reaction score
10
Interest payable

POSB Saving interest paid yearly at 31 Dec

eSaving interest paid monthly

After we convert to eSaving, will POSB pay the interest for POSB saving from 1 Jan till the date of conversion?
 

SaruwatariShun

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
5,368
Reaction score
0
I converted my passbook account to esavings last week via ibanking, now I can't access my bank account. wtf.
 

klavier

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
343
I converted my passbook account to esavings last week via ibanking, now I can't access my bank account. wtf.

lol i also did so last week but at a branch. Have not logged in since then. However, i think for now we cant access the account due to heavy traffic at ibanking website? That is the notice that I got...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top