Pre enlistment injury

Lomaflackoo

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, so recently I injured my knee very badly and went to see a orthopaedic at ttsh and got MRI scan. Came out I got a tear acl and medial meniscus tear. Still have pain till now just doing simple task like walking, can’t run or exercise. So I’m enlisting on 15 August which is two more days. My orthopaedic doctor told me to declare my injury when I enlist so that my surgery will be free, is that true ? Cause I have heard people say saf will not pay for any of your injury before you enlist, only when you injured during your service time?? But heard other people injured before enlistment and when they enlist they then declare and surgery and other medical fee covered by saf??
 

keithlin

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
1,375
Reaction score
118
most probably can downgrade liao. go glen eagles see specialist for your knee and get letter+x ray and submit when you're in camp! good luck!
 

matey1982

Banned
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
64,586
Reaction score
14,919
Hi guys, so recently I injured my knee very badly and went to see a orthopaedic at ttsh and got MRI scan. Came out I got a tear acl and medial meniscus tear. Still have pain till now just doing simple task like walking, can’t run or exercise. So I’m enlisting on 15 August which is two more days. My orthopaedic doctor told me to declare my injury when I enlist so that my surgery will be free, is that true ? Cause I have heard people say saf will not pay for any of your injury before you enlist, only when you injured during your service time?? But heard other people injured before enlistment and when they enlist they then declare and surgery and other medical fee covered by saf??

hear my friend say this
hear my friend say that
u think i thought who confirm
got letter to show or not
if your fren tell u say can claim, end up no claim then how? then u KBKB why my friend say have one???
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hi guys, so recently I injured my knee very badly and went to see a orthopaedic at ttsh and got MRI scan. Came out I got a tear acl and medial meniscus tear. Still have pain till now just doing simple task like walking, can’t run or exercise. So I’m enlisting on 15 August which is two more days. My orthopaedic doctor told me to declare my injury when I enlist so that my surgery will be free, is that true ? Cause I have heard people say saf will not pay for any of your injury before you enlist, only when you injured during your service time?? But heard other people injured before enlistment and when they enlist they then declare and surgery and other medical fee covered by saf??
Let me try to lead you to your ans.

If SAF doesn’t pay, what will you do?
 

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
854
Hi guys, so recently I injured my knee very badly and went to see a orthopaedic at ttsh and got MRI scan. Came out I got a tear acl and medial meniscus tear. Still have pain till now just doing simple task like walking, can’t run or exercise. So I’m enlisting on 15 August which is two more days. My orthopaedic doctor told me to declare my injury when I enlist so that my surgery will be free, is that true ? Cause I have heard people say saf will not pay for any of your injury before you enlist, only when you injured during your service time?? But heard other people injured before enlistment and when they enlist they then declare and surgery and other medical fee covered by saf??

there are 2 issues here, don't confuse them

saf paying for injury is usually talking about injury compensation, where u get a lump sum of money for a perm injury which you gotten while in active duty.

now regarding subsidized health care. your doctor is right that SAF will pay for your medical portion but you have to go through the system again. i.e you have to report your condition to MO and then follow up from there. whether you will have the same treatment plan which leads to surgery I dunno. that one you see what the MO says. but I doubt you can carry on your treatment plan outside and claim back from SAF, it doesn't work that way.
 

green72

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
681
there are 2 issues here, don't confuse them

saf paying for injury is usually talking about injury compensation, where u get a lump sum of money for a perm injury which you gotten while in active duty.

now regarding subsidized health care. your doctor is right that SAF will pay for your medical portion but you have to go through the system again. i.e you have to report your condition to MO and then follow up from there. whether you will have the same treatment plan which leads to surgery I dunno. that one you see what the MO says. but I doubt you can carry on your treatment plan outside and claim back from SAF, it doesn't work that way.
I also agree. Service injury compensation only injured while training.

For your case, to receive subsidize healthcare, you have go through the x-ray, mri again through your MO which may escalate to a medical board, which may or may not recommend surgery.

Best is to just report to MO after enlist. Get PES downgraded first. 1 step at a time.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top