Programming hobby : Built a Singapore Smart Mirror

limjq44

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
341
Reaction score
1
Built a smart mirror with the pi 3!


Here's the link



Built from the latest Raspberry Pi 3!

This project is designed by me and I did NOT use any github projects to start off with.

Current features includes :

- Current temperature (from the nearest weather station from your house)

- Weather forecast of different regions of Singapore ( you can add as many regions as you want to), I've added my house, my gf's house and my workplace. It also tells you how the weather is like today.

- Next 4 days forecast, simple, telling you whether it will rain or not.

- Current time,day and date

- Alarm clock feature

- Bus arrival timings ( You customize this to display which bus and which bus stop according to the time of the day)

- Traffic News

- Smart greetings, will display greetings according to the time of the day

- Channel News Asia's latest news ( CNA style, bottom banner ) xD

- Play youtube videos

- Latest rain forecast of Singapore

- Show 4D results!

- Watch Channel News Asia

- Listen to Singapore's Radio Stations!

- Control lightings

- View heart rate

- Voice controlled too!




Here are some images of my mirror




14906981_1150800881641667_975628736123348615_n.jpg

With bus arrival timings

14910416_1150800848308337_6717045893634607597_n.jpg

With traffic news



14925822_1150800918308330_6857556830498709888_n.jpg

Greetings and News


14925770_1150800788308343_4698692331520620254_n.jpg

Rain forecast


14937274_1150800748308347_4268305220601669643_n.jpg

4D Results!​

What do you guys think about Smart mirrors in Singapore?
 

theMKR

Banned
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
70,863
Reaction score
13,533
hmmm challenge accepted.

i have 10days and 300bucks to make 1 b4 my gf bday
 

ykc1992

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Wow, that's an amazing achievement!
May I ask where did u buy your two-way mirror in SG?
 

waytojava

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Smart Mirror

Hi limjq44,

Hope you are doing great. I saw your post on Smart Mirror project. It's very impressive, congratulations.

I want to do a similar project and need one guidance.

From where did you buy Two Way Mirror in Singapore?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
All the best.
 

Spyke Corleone

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am trying to complete my project but stuck unable to add sg bus arrival info. How to add it in? Would appreciate if u could share some tips to me.

Or it would be marvelous if u code share the codes 😜

Thanks a million
 

waytojava

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hi Spyke Corleone,

May I please request your help on advising where did you get Two way mirror for this project in Singapore ? I have been struggling to get it in Singapore
 

waytojava

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2016
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Anybody has any suggestions please. I have already tried ArtFriend and didn't get a 2 way mirror. If somebody has any alternatives for it, that is also good. Please suggest. Thanks.
 

limjq44

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
341
Reaction score
1
Hi guys, you guys can order two way mirror online and ship it over to sg.

But if u wan a cheaper alternative, just go Art Friend to get an acrylic of your preferred size, then go carousel and look for solar films (those that u paste on windows).
 

limjq44

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
341
Reaction score
1
I am trying to complete my project but stuck unable to add sg bus arrival info. How to add it in? Would appreciate if u could share some tips to me.

Or it would be marvelous if u code share the codes ��

Thanks a million

Subscribe to LTA API and pull the data from there. I did not use those ready-made code that can be found online, mine was coded from scratch using Java. I suggest you go look for the Magic Mirror project if you can't code
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top