Property versus Investment

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
if you are fortunate to have a comfortable fund, don't forget to give to charity! =:p
It's more difficult to give a helping hand than cash. Helping hands end up also give cash :D Giving cash is the lest one can and should do.
 

skpuppy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
629
Someone posted this in another thread. I think property will lose to stocks despite the leverage. Unless you find a super attractive priced property

I would say property investors seems to have more upside as compared to property investors. Property is more supply and demand but a lot of hidden cost etc…stock Investment seems more liquid. Again it is the country thing. US probably most are equities investment. Asian especially Chinese may prefer the property route. Ppl feel more shiok when they hold 2 properties as compared to $10mil worth of Tesla shares. One can bragged, the other ppl may not even know what is it
 

Shawn--

Junior Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
84
Reaction score
11
Can. Work in office people and earning so so income, just buy condo if your bank can approve the loan. And then in future around age 60-65 income cut off kana retrench, just go drive grab and continue payoff existing loan.
 

bluerhino

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Messages
6,672
Reaction score
3,872
To be honest no need to compare and be too affected by what other people think. Just do what you are comfortable with. I am staying in condo now which cost significantly more than a HDB nearby. Sometimes I wonder what if I stayed in an HDB and used the capital freedup to invest in the US stock market last year. I would be able to retire early by now, or at least able to step down to a less stressful role.

I personally didn't invest in property because I had a few very bad experience with agents in the past when I was renting before buying my current unit and I realised how much additional cost there were. Tenants paying 3-4k per month wouldn't want to move in to a unit that is in disrepair so every new contract usually need to budget in repainting, sometimes replacing white goods, mattress etc. And there would sometimes be a gap between tenants where you don't receive rental.
 

skpuppy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
3,379
Reaction score
629
Can. Work in office people and earning so so income, just buy condo if your bank can approve the loan. And then in future around age 60-65 income cut off kana retrench, just go drive grab and continue payoff existing loan.
Actually for EC, there is
To be honest no need to compare and be too affected by what other people think. Just do what you are comfortable with. I am staying in condo now which cost significantly more than a HDB nearby. Sometimes I wonder what if I stayed in an HDB and used the capital freedup to invest in the US stock market last year. I would be able to retire early by now, or at least able to step down to a less stressful role.

I personally didn't invest in property because I had a few very bad experience with agents in the past when I was renting before buying my current unit and I realised how much additional cost there were. Tenants paying 3-4k per month wouldn't want to move in to a unit that is in disrepair so every new contract usually need to budget in repainting, sometimes replacing white goods, mattress etc. And there would sometimes be a gap between tenants where you don't receive rental.
ya. This globalisation have allowed ppl to have different investment options. If you invest in STI, you will fare much worst than property. If you invest in s&p500, then likely trash property
 

Gongcha8

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2019
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
237
Actually for EC, there is

ya. This globalisation have allowed ppl to have different investment options. If you invest in STI, you will fare much worst than property. If you invest in s&p500, then likely trash property

In short, S&P over property?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top