Question about S8 "Secure Folder"

IndigoEyes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
6,946
Reaction score
1,164
Are the datas (notes, photos & etc) in the secure folder placed in another database somewhere else online or only in my phone offline?

It's not those when you transfer stuffs to a secure folder, it got sent off to a database somewhere else on the internet right?

I switched off my samsung cloud because I don't like my datas being sent somewhere online too.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Secure folder don’t send the contents elsewhere, it’s protected by knox of the phone.. Samsung cloud only backs up contents and settings outside of secure folder..

Are the datas (notes, photos & etc) in the secure folder placed in another database somewhere else online or only in my phone offline?

It's not those when you transfer stuffs to a secure folder, it got sent off to a database somewhere else on the internet right?

I switched off my samsung cloud because I don't like my datas being sent somewhere online too.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Are the datas (notes, photos & etc) in the secure folder placed in another database somewhere else online or only in my phone offline?

It's not those when you transfer stuffs to a secure folder, it got sent off to a database somewhere else on the internet right?

I switched off my samsung cloud because I don't like my datas being sent somewhere online too.

No, it is on your device, stored in a secure partition off, encrypted and sandboxed separately on the device. UNLESS you move other application into the Secure folder that exposes or upload your data. OR you use Secure Folder Back up and restore which is turned off by default then it uploads a backup copy of your encrypted data to Samsung Cloud which can be restored into new devices via your Samsung Account.

Then again.. I wouldn't be too worried about the secure folder and be more worried about every other application that has permission to access stuff freely via Storage permission. Plus.. privacy on an Android phone is truely hard to achieve.
 

IndigoEyes

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
6,946
Reaction score
1,164
Thx for the replies. :)
I can start using the secure folder.


Then again.. I wouldn't be too worried about the secure folder and be more worried about every other application that has permission to access stuff freely via Storage permission. Plus.. privacy on an Android phone is truely hard to achieve.
Does those storage permission allows other people (who owns/make those app) take a look/peak at the storage?

I thought those storage permission is just to allow those apps to interact with the storage to use those functions which sends photos/videos to your storage? (e.g. pokemon go AR photos, image editting apps, whatsapp, fb)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top