croc1977
Banned
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2002
- Messages
- 46,244
- Reaction score
- 2,208
I am helping a friend upgrade his Compao presario laptop with Samsung Evo 250GB.
Understand his original OS is Windows Vista but Vista does not have SSD support with TRIM
and min for windows OS support SSD is Windows 7.
I am using my SSD with dual OS XP and 7 but i have not tried Vista .i am using SSD Tweaker for my XP to Auto Tweak.
I go online find specs it's said Samsung Evo support even xp and vista
http://www.samsung.com/us/system/co...e250bw/Sam_1303_SSD-840-EVO-Spec-Sheet_v9.pdf
So means? No need TRIM?
PS: If this is a wrong topics at wrong place. please pm let me know and i post in another location
Understand his original OS is Windows Vista but Vista does not have SSD support with TRIM
and min for windows OS support SSD is Windows 7.
I am using my SSD with dual OS XP and 7 but i have not tried Vista .i am using SSD Tweaker for my XP to Auto Tweak.
I go online find specs it's said Samsung Evo support even xp and vista
http://www.samsung.com/us/system/co...e250bw/Sam_1303_SSD-840-EVO-Spec-Sheet_v9.pdf
So means? No need TRIM?

PS: If this is a wrong topics at wrong place. please pm let me know and i post in another location
