Ralph Lauren in Batam

ahbear82

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
965
Reaction score
5
hmm... in Batam, they sell fake polo at what price? If very very cheap, i don't mind to buy for casual wear... maybe at home? sleep ? LOL
 

neo1978

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
2,386
Reaction score
59
Some of my locally bought adidas apparel from the boutique were made in Indonesia. So I thought that the one in Batam should be real...
 

stool3037

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
2,304
Reaction score
1
the batam RL is "real". They bought the licence from RL to produce it, but to differeniate the two, name isn't the same and has same front back. thats why its cheap. So its an official product sub from RL
 

sylves

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
708
Reaction score
14
the batam RL is "real". They bought the licence from RL to produce it, but to differeniate the two, name isn't the same and has same front back. thats why its cheap. So its an official product sub from RL


Yup. They told me the same thing too and it is not really cheap to buy in batam. It cost about 80+ bucks sing dollars per polo there.
 

InPhinity

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2002
Messages
18,450
Reaction score
0
the departmental store is call matahari?

from http://semetonbali.web.id/matahari-bali/is-my-ralph-lauren-polo-tee-authenticfake.html

Is my Ralph Lauren polo tee authentic/fake?
Posted on December 5, 2010 by admin
Hi all, I just got back from Bali 2 days ago. I bought A LOT of stuff there, including a Ralph Lauren polo tee. However, when I got home, I read online that Bali has loads of fake RL stuff! I’m totally confused, and I hope you guys can help. Here are some details:

1. I bought it from Matahari Department Store in the Kuta area (department stores are supposed to sell real stuff, right?!)

2. It’s black in color, with the big pony in front and number “9″ on the side; both are in gold.

3. The tag at the collar says “Polo by Ralph Lauren”, and the lower tag (the one with the care instructions) says it’s made in Indonesia.

4. The buttons are white in color and say “POLO RALPH LAUREN”

Is there any way to tell if my tee is authentic? Any help at all will be much appreciated! THANKS! =)

Chris R says:
December 5, 2010 at 10:52 am
The big nine leads me to believe its counterfeit.
it should say ”3” instead.
Its fake!
 

edchys

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
5,274
Reaction score
754
I bought it before at their airport few years back. The one at the airport cannot be fake right????:s13:
 

KohChris

Banned
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
24,779
Reaction score
0
For the record, all Polo Ralph Laurens apparels bought in Batam/Bintan are unauthentic

no such crap as licensee, high price of polo = authentic (its because you're purchasing an AAA grade, hence the price) etc..
 

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
8,712
Reaction score
4
I bought it before at their airport few years back. The one at the airport cannot be fake right????:s13:

All fake. LOL! You must be amazed that things sold in airport are fakes right? Is it possible? Yes.

FYI, ralph lauren didnt list any outlet in indonesia if you check their official website.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top