Hi guys,
Just pre ordered Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX with tempered glass casing, so decided to build a new system.
I intend to overclock for fun, most of my peripherals are blue led so I will go blue led theme.
Tentatively looking at these:
Mobo: ASUS Z170 MAXIMUS HERO VIII or other alternatives?
CPU: i7 6700K
PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 750W Full Modular 80+ Gold (5yr wty)
Casing: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tower Case w/ Full Tempered Glass Side Panel
Cooler: Swiftech H220 X2 AIO or Air Cooler Alternative
RAM: Avexir Core AVD4UZ124001608G-2COB 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL16 Dual Channel (Blue LED)*
GFX: Palit GTX 1070 Super JetStream (already have, with RGB lighting)
HDD: Sandisk 960gb Ultra II (already have)
Main considerations:
1) Mobo: I do not plan to SLI or require much ports/features, but want a nice looking mobo. gigabyte z170 gaming 7 looks ideal with great features and thunderbolt 3 for future proofing, but the looks not very nice
any other nice alternatives?
2) RAM: should i get LED rams? A little too excessive bling so I am considering more plain looking rams
3) Cooler: My main concern! I would really love to use air cooling like Noctua NH14/15 but that thing is just plain ugly. Corsair H100i is very commonly used but I heard the pump noise can be noisy and that the stock fans are definitely noisy and needs to be changed. Instead of spending more money changing the fans, I might as well top up abit more to get a quieter and better AIO cooler like Swiftech H220X or H240X (will 240 be too big to mount?)
Any nice looking yet quiet and high performance air cooler? Or will Swiftech H220X be better? (i had bad experience with a failed CM Seidon 120V before)
Hoping to get advice on mobo and cooler from experts here!
Just pre ordered Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX with tempered glass casing, so decided to build a new system.
I intend to overclock for fun, most of my peripherals are blue led so I will go blue led theme.
Tentatively looking at these:
Mobo: ASUS Z170 MAXIMUS HERO VIII or other alternatives?
CPU: i7 6700K
PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 750W Full Modular 80+ Gold (5yr wty)
Casing: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tower Case w/ Full Tempered Glass Side Panel
Cooler: Swiftech H220 X2 AIO or Air Cooler Alternative
RAM: Avexir Core AVD4UZ124001608G-2COB 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL16 Dual Channel (Blue LED)*
GFX: Palit GTX 1070 Super JetStream (already have, with RGB lighting)
HDD: Sandisk 960gb Ultra II (already have)
Main considerations:
1) Mobo: I do not plan to SLI or require much ports/features, but want a nice looking mobo. gigabyte z170 gaming 7 looks ideal with great features and thunderbolt 3 for future proofing, but the looks not very nice
2) RAM: should i get LED rams? A little too excessive bling so I am considering more plain looking rams
3) Cooler: My main concern! I would really love to use air cooling like Noctua NH14/15 but that thing is just plain ugly. Corsair H100i is very commonly used but I heard the pump noise can be noisy and that the stock fans are definitely noisy and needs to be changed. Instead of spending more money changing the fans, I might as well top up abit more to get a quieter and better AIO cooler like Swiftech H220X or H240X (will 240 be too big to mount?)
Any nice looking yet quiet and high performance air cooler? Or will Swiftech H220X be better? (i had bad experience with a failed CM Seidon 120V before)
Hoping to get advice on mobo and cooler from experts here!
