Recommend computer repair shop

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,856
Reaction score
2,406
Last night my 2 year old Dell notebook Inspiron 15 (5010) no sound. Reinstalled windows 7 still the same.

Any recommended computer repair shop in SLS or Funan?

Thanks
 

wtfh4x

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
210
Check in BIOS whether the onboard sound is enabled.

If that still doesnt work I'm guessing the onboard sound chip died. Replacing it entails replacing the entire motherboard so if I were you I'd just buy a cheap USB sound card dongle, leave it plugged in and use that instead.

But for a second opinion you can go PC Care and Solution #02-32 Sim Lim and look for Nigel.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,856
Reaction score
2,406
did you install the sound drivers or not first

I did.

It was working well for the past 1 mth after i reinstalled win 7.

Movies got sound. YouTube got sound. Games got sound. Skype got sound. Practically everything that has sound, got sound from notebook

Then yesterday shut down the notebook at 12pm. 11 hrs later at 8pm i booted up the notebook. Then no sound.
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
Check in BIOS whether the onboard sound is enabled.

If that still doesnt work I'm guessing the onboard sound chip died. Replacing it entails replacing the entire motherboard so if I were you I'd just buy a cheap USB sound card dongle, leave it plugged in and use that instead.

But for a second opinion you can go PC Care and Solution #02-32 Sim Lim and look for Nigel.

Onboard sound chip is usually controlled by the chipset IC or an external small audio board. Just need to change those ICs. No need to change entire motherboard. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top