Recommend me a laptop

pilico

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
620
Reaction score
16
Hi guys..
I really need some help.
Please recommend me some good laptops 13''~15''.

I planned to get the cheapest MBP with retina display(128gb or 256gb) but the low storage capacity is holding me back from buying.

I have ard 2k budget and prefer a lightweight laptop with high resolution glossy display.

Softwares i will be using are autodesk, visual studio, photoshop and lightroom.

Thanks for reading this thread.
Any help will be appreciated.:D
 

pilico

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
620
Reaction score
16
u can always carry a portable hdd ard

I have thought of that but not sure whether is it possible to install autodesk and photoshop in to the external hdd? ( Correct me if im wrong as i have nvr tried installing it into external hdd)

Even if it works, wouldn't it slow down the process since the data will be transferring back and fore between the laptop and hdd?
 
Last edited:

BlueSwift

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
I have thought of that but is it possible to install autodesk and photoshop in to the external hdd? ( Correct me if im wrong as i have nvr tried installing it into external hdd)

Even if it works, wouldn't it slow down the process since the data will be transferring back and fore between the laptop and hdd?

Use Thunderbolt. I don't know which External HDD, but there should be a few.

There are more powerful (like dedicated GPU) Windows alternatives that can meet your needs too without a need for an external HDD. Unless you need OSX, very long battery life and pretty excellent service support.

But if your heart is set on a MBP w/ Retina display, go for it. Spec wise there is nothing wrong with it.
 

pilico

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
620
Reaction score
16
how much disk space does those things use?

Just a couple of Autodesk softwares takes up to 20+ GB.

Use Thunderbolt. I don't know which External HDD, but there should be a few.

There are more powerful (like dedicated GPU) Windows alternatives that can meet your needs too without a need for an external HDD. Unless you need OSX, very long battery life and pretty excellent service support.

But if your heart is set on a MBP w/ Retina display, go for it. Spec wise there is nothing wrong with it.

Im open for all options.
Please do recommend me some laptops with dedicated GPU and good resolution display.
 
Last edited:

slowcoach

Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Hi guys..
I really need some help.
Please recommend me some good laptops 13''~15''.

I planned to get the cheapest MBP with retina display(128gb or 256gb) but the low storage capacity is holding me back from buying.

I have ard 2k budget and prefer a lightweight laptop with high resolution glossy display.

Softwares i will be using are autodesk, visual studio, photoshop and lightroom.

Thanks for reading this thread.
Any help will be appreciated.:D

Get you MBP and don't store so much stuff on it...Do you really need that much space? I put all the junk I don't need on an external drive
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top