
Actually, I would suggest just get a new simple setup.
Just get
1. CPU (with integrated graphic)
2. Mobo (with the video output your monitor accepts, VGA or hdmi)
3. 8Gb ram ( ideally 16gb)
4. 512gb ssd (depends m.2 or 2.5" is cheaper)
5. New case
Reuse the rest
Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT
It's not advisable to reuse the PSU as you have been using it for 8 years. Chances of it failing are higher and if worse, the PSU can take out the rest of your new parts.
Normally I would go to 3 shops only, PC Themes, Dynacore and Fuwell.Thanks. Do you have a recommended shop at Sim Lim, and the recommended items? I had one recommendation (thanks bro), for PC Themes.
I would stretch for 16GB RAM
Existing system has 2x8GB RAM - 1600MHz CL9 (Corsair Vengeance). PSU still going strong.
Best if new rig comes with Win10, and all existing harddisks (SATAs) can just reconnect into new rig.
After some thought, I'd probably need help to
(a) see and check the existing rig;
(b) go to Sim Lim together to get the basic DIY rig;
(c) assemble and port over what may work into the new rig ie harddisks
cos photos, .docs and .psts are all on harddisks. Install Office on new rig and take time (which I will eventually have) to sort and clean up.
TS can consider a Ryzen 3 3200G paired with a B450 motherboard like the Asrock B450M Pro 4. The B450 motherboard allows for overclocking of the CPU and RAM if TS desires in the future.
The Ryzen 3 is more than sufficient for email, web browsing and simple photoshop.
QTF. Even the Intel Pentium CPUs are more than sufficient for basic usage.

Intel Pentium CPUs is a very broad and vague category, some are definitely not sufficient for modern basic usage![]()
Congrats!Got the following assembled for $624
System includes:
1) ASROCK B450M PRO MOTHERBOARD
2) AMD RYZEN 3 3200G
3) G SKILL 3200MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
4) ADATA XPG 512GD SSD
5) THERMALTAKE 500W PSU
6) TECWARE NOVA WHITE with TEMPERED GLASS GASING
Need a rig (pre-built) as my existing is about to go ka-put.
Existing rig cannot power off upon shut down, need to press and hold power button before it can shut down. Rig about 8 years old, running Win 10 Build 1803.
Need recommendation for a rig that costs as low as possible (freshly jobless), I can port over the monitor, mouse, keyboard etc. Existing system has large SATA storage (totalling a few TBs), so only need 256 GB SSD for fast boot.
I have Office on CD, need Win 10 installed. Use is simple email, web browsing, simple Photoshop for photos (crop, brighten).
Appreciate all responses and questions pls.
Robert
Where did u get this done?Got the following assembled for $624
System includes:
1) ASROCK B450M PRO MOTHERBOARD
2) AMD RYZEN 3 3200G
3) G SKILL 3200MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
4) ADATA XPG 512GD SSD
5) THERMALTAKE 500W PSU
6) TECWARE NOVA WHITE with TEMPERED GLASS GASING
Where did u get this done?
Sent from the anal hair of Thanos using GAGT