Recommendations on Rig

xsLaCk3rzx

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
426
Reaction score
0
Dear Experts/Gurus,

I need your recommendations on a Rig that I will be using for light video editing on GoPro studio and some gaming on Stream games. I also prefer a mobo with more USB ports as I have 2 NAS.

I have the below parts for reuse:

RAM - Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Red (As recommend by ZrE0_Cha0S, if my ram cannot be used for new mobo. I am glad to replace it with the DDR4 rams)

SSD - Crucial M5000 500GB

HDD - Western Digtal Blue 3TB

I would prefer a black/red theme and would prefer a smaller PC case. Budget wise is within 1.5k including OS but not monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Thank you very much in advance.
 
Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
might want to ask why do u want to reuse your ram? cos new chipsets like skylake does not support ddr3 (even though there are some mobo do support but not sure can work with your ram. )
 

xsLaCk3rzx

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
426
Reaction score
0
might want to ask why do u want to reuse your ram? cos new chipsets like skylake does not support ddr3 (even though there are some mobo do support but not sure can work with your ram. )

Hi there, i have been out of touch for quite a while and din know now is DDR4. I mean if DDR3 does not work now. I am fine with changing the rams too :) Thanks for the enlightenment! Cheerios!!
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
and may i know which game are u playing? is it very gpu power ?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
B150M GAMING PRO + i5 6500 @435
Avexir Core AVD4UZ124001608G-2COR 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL16 Dual Channel (Red LED) @120 (t258jgn)
Thermaltake Core V21 @89
MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X @819
Superflower Ledex 550W Sliver @119 (PCThemes)

Total: 1582

All prices are quote from Cybermind (otherwise stated)
u can look for that ram over here : http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/89019223-post33.html

next can consider getting from them : MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X @804
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top