Replacement for intel heatsink mounting push-pins

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Just get another stock Intel hsf <$10 from Carouhell.

I personally can't vouch for the C7's fan quality. Twice the fan failed and I couldn't be bothered to RMA the 2nd time. Ran my PC with the C7's heatsink bare with a GT case fan blowing onto it. Only last week bought the stock hsf from Carouhell.

To me, the Nidec version of the Intel cooler is quieter than the Delta version (and perhaps the Foxconn one too).
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,845
Reaction score
2,401
Just get another stock Intel hsf <$10 from Carouhell.

I personally can't vouch for the C7's fan quality. Twice the fan failed and I couldn't be bothered to RMA the 2nd time. Ran my PC with the C7's heatsink bare with a GT case fan blowing onto it. Only last week bought the stock hsf from Carouhell.

To me, the Nidec version of the Intel cooler is quieter than the Delta version (and perhaps the Foxconn one too).

now got phobia with the pins breaking again. I plan on getting the H7 not C7
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,845
Reaction score
2,401
Just ordered H7.Hope to receive it soon.

Amazingly, I never have my PC break down before. It has to happen during the circuit breaker. :s22:

- PC cannot start
- went service center, MB tested generally ok
- thinking could it be power supply :s11:
- went back to test (just power the board only), seems to work
- Install back the processor & HS, HS pin broke.

wow :s22:
 
Last edited:

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Just ordered H7.Hope to receive it soon.

Amazingly, I never have my PC break down before. It has to happen during the circuit breaker. :s22:

- PC cannot start
- went service center, MB tested generally ok
- thinking could it be power supply :s11:
- went back to test (just power the board only), seems to work
- Install back the processor & HS, HS pin broke.

wow :s22:

Lol, I think I have a H7 cake lumi still sitting around in my storeroom from my last Corbell event :s13:
 

_DeS__

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,650
Reaction score
22
Go to any of the friendlier sls shops and ask nicely for example Nigel. Should be able to get FOC or give a small tip will do.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,845
Reaction score
2,401
Go to any of the friendlier sls shops and ask nicely for example Nigel. Should be able to get FOC or give a small tip will do.

But problem is I don’t want to go out unnecessarily & SLS is too far. It’s fortunate that the service center is not too far from home
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,845
Reaction score
2,401
The H7 arrived. However installation was not as easy as what I read in the reviews.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top