Replacing Galaxy S6 battery

galapogos

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
30,098
Reaction score
42
Hi,

What's the most reasonably priced method of replacing the Galaxy S6 battery with an original Samsung battery, or a quality OEM?
1. Go to Samsung service center
2. Shops that provide the battery changing service
3. Purchase battery online and change myself.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
Hi,

What's the most reasonably priced method of replacing the Galaxy S6 battery with an original Samsung battery, or a quality OEM?
1. Go to Samsung service center
2. Shops that provide the battery changing service
3. Purchase battery online and change myself.

I would say Option 2? Cos the S6 isn't waterproof right? So whether done the service centre or other repair shops doesn't really matter... so I would go for the cheaper and more hassle-free option...
 

galapogos

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
30,098
Reaction score
42
Thanks. Any recommendations and would you know how much it costs?
 

Z_Dash

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
4,635
Reaction score
253
I read online that Samsung s6 could fit in Samsung s7 edge battery which is a heap load bigger and works reliably.

Thanks. Any recommendations and would you know how much it costs?

I ever asked in Singapore shops they charged like $60 to $80.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,424
Reaction score
3,246
Don’t do it :s22:
It’s not certified by Samsung.
The last thing we want is an exploded phone - compressed cells, not good idea

I read online that Samsung s6 could fit in Samsung s7 edge battery which is a heap load bigger and works reliably.



I ever asked in Singapore shops they charged like $60 to $80.
 
Last edited:

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Hi,

What's the most reasonably priced method of replacing the Galaxy S6 battery with an original Samsung battery, or a quality OEM?
1. Go to Samsung service center
2. Shops that provide the battery changing service
3. Purchase battery online and change myself.

Sorry dug weeks old thread.

TS, you managed to changed your S6 battery? I wanted to change mine for months but still haven't got to it.

A simple google shows at least 3 places offering the service. Wonder did you got yours change? Thanks.
 

JJughead

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
69
Sorry dug weeks old thread.

TS, you managed to changed your S6 battery? I wanted to change mine for months but still haven't got to it.

A simple google shows at least 3 places offering the service. Wonder did you got yours change? Thanks.


I have the same question!

Any recommended location(s) to have the battery replaced? Mine doesn't seem to be able to be charged any more. :sad:
 

DynamiteZerg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
10,267
Reaction score
4,489
Sorry for digging up this thread. Anyone found out how much a replacement battery costs at Samsung repair centre versus Ah Beng shops?
 
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Samsung center quoted me about $150 to replace battery whereas I managed to get it replaced at LITE Mobile Repair for $38 (non Samsung genuine, OEM replacement battery). Nine months liao battery still going strong
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top