Rooting S3 - Desperately need help

sgpx10

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Would really appreciate some help rooting my S3. It's way over my capabilities and I failed finding someone in Funan + Sim Lim to do it for me...

Drop me a PM and I can provide more details.

Again - desperately need help doing this and would be eternally grateful!
 

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
37,690
Reaction score
1,439
it is not beyond ur capabilities
u are juz afraid to try new things
juz follow the instructions carefully and it will be rooted successfully
everybody starts from newbie and learn from there
 

muddle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
6,988
Reaction score
0
It takes less than 30 seconds for the whole process to complete.

Just get cf auto root and Odin.
 

walkofwinners

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2012
Messages
2,052
Reaction score
1
If you don't even know how to root then I don't think there's a point since you wouldn't know what's the advantages after rooting anyway.
 

sgpx10

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Well yes, I am obviously scared as I don't want to brick the phone.

And I do know one advantage that rooting will do, which is the only reason I am attempting to do this - Getting back deleted files. Don't really care about anything else...
 

aroana

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
you're scared to root your phone because of the possibility of bricking it, but what if the one who helped you might also bricked your phone accidentally, then it his fault already?

better read more info on how to root your phone yourself, so if things go wrong, you got nothing else to blame but yourself. or better you stay unrooted.:s12::s12:
 

sgpx10

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Do I really have to explain myself?

I asked for someone who knows how to do this. Someone who has done this before, who has the experience and knows what the terms encryption, .tar.md5, cache partition, stock recovery, booting in recovery, bootloaders mean - cause I sure as hell don't.

The person who has done this before will know what they are doing. They will have the experience + knowledge. I on the other hand have NO IDEA. The most complex thing I have done on my phone/PC in the past 5 years is rotate photos!

Who will have a better chance of making this work? Me or the person who has done this before?

And if they brick the phone – well, so be it and no hard feelings. I definitely wouldn’t blame them for it as I knowingly chose that route to solve this problem.

If your only contribution to this thread is to criticise my choice on how to get this done – please, just circumvent the discussion.
 

Salapi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
20,272
Reaction score
0
ask in facebook, should get many response. out of 10 friend i think i have 2 guys who are techies.

youtube video is a good source of learning too.
 

aroana

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
Do I really have to explain myself?

I asked for someone who knows how to do this. Someone who has done this before, who has the experience and knows what the terms encryption, .tar.md5, cache partition, stock recovery, booting in recovery, bootloaders mean - cause I sure as hell don't.

The person who has done this before will know what they are doing. They will have the experience + knowledge. I on the other hand have NO IDEA. The most complex thing I have done on my phone/PC in the past 5 years is rotate photos!

Who will have a better chance of making this work? Me or the person who has done this before?

And if they brick the phone – well, so be it and no hard feelings. I definitely wouldn’t blame them for it as I knowingly chose that route to solve this problem.

If your only contribution to this thread is to criticise my choice on how to get this done – please, just circumvent the discussion.

A simple DIY knowledge will go a long way, let’s say you found someone to root your phone for you. Then later on you encountered some problem on it, then how?

Chill out bro, we’re all here to help, what we want you to understand is that rooting the phone got some pros and cons which the owner should be aware of. Goodluck in finding your guy, cheers. :)
 

sgpx10

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Let me spell this out as it seems I either haven't explained it well or people are still not understanding:

I'm not looking for guides.
I'm not looking for youtube.
I'm not looking for step by step instructions.

Sorry if this is rubbing off the wrong way. I know some of you are attempting to help by pointing me in the direction of guides. I've already looked at some of them, attempted the root and failed twice. As I mentioned, this is way above my paygrade (The XDA forum link has 56 pages on rooting the S3, with users posting hundreds of problems and issues with the process).

Thank you for the suggestions, but what I am looking for is someone to do this for me and I would compensate them for their time and effort.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top