Samsung export sets and repair

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,278
Reaction score
6,825
I just talked to a Samsung personnel on live chat and he says they wont repair export sets. Few months back, i called their hotline and the guy on the phone says they will, just have to pay money. So who's right and who's wrong?
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,128
Reaction score
13,166
From what I've come across, it depends on various factors like type of phone, damage, etc.

Since it's an export set, Samsung Singapore has no obligation to do any repair.

I'd suggest taking the phone personally to the Samsung service centre that you're comfortable with, and talk to them - nicely.

I saw an incident at a counter the other day, and I can only say :s22: good luck to that guy. =:p
 

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,278
Reaction score
6,825
From what I've come across, it depends on various factors like type of phone, damage, etc.

Since it's an export set, Samsung Singapore has no obligation to do any repair.

I'd suggest taking the phone personally to the Samsung service centre that you're comfortable with, and talk to them - nicely.

I saw an incident at a counter the other day, and I can only say :s22: good luck to that guy. =:p

What happen? He bang table ah? Ya i'll talk nicely haha. Being friendly can change a person's mood.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Are there any difference between a local and export set from the outer box ?

I only know it is local set if there is IDA sticker and warranty card with local distributor name. But it would be better if one can know before the factory seal is broken.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top