Samsung Galaxy s4 question.

ltrinityl

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2004
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
36
Hi guys,

I've been using the s4 for 4 months already. 2 days ago, I went down to samsung service centre to do a exchange of the battery as it was draining too fast. The cso immediately changed a new battery for me even though it is not bloated.

As I am used to my old battery, whenever I charge using the wall socket, even when playing games or surfing the net, the percentage keeps going up. After I change to this new battery, even when I charge through the wall socket and surfing the net, the battery percentage is going downwards.. its like discharging when im using it while charging on wall socket. Is it normal or something is wrong with the battery ?

Any other s4 users able to give feedbacks on thier battery?
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,943
Reaction score
1,717
feel like changing a new batt eventhou mine is fine, after reading ur post made me think twice.
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,943
Reaction score
1,717
nah... i always play as i charge.... this is a v.common action to c during reservist period.
 

ltrinityl

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2004
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
36
Ya.. and im reservist now...

I noticed that after I change the battery, the battery status indicates charging (USB) instead of charging (AC) even though im charging through AC outlet. Im not using the original samsung cable. Last time my old battery always show correct one..

Dunno this time is it battery faulty or not
 

Fabiano

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
792
Reaction score
0
Gonna hijack this thread a bit..

I'm experience serious battery drain agree I update the firmware to 4.3.

Very frustrating losing like 1% per minute.

Anyone having same problem? Must bring warranty to change battery?
 

flitbee

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
It's probably some rogue app - gotta try see if any of them are "live" even when off. Go through settings.
Also I think Samsung advises not to use your phone when charging for optimal life.
 

HUGO15481

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
There is this ANT radio which is installed on the phone after upgrading to 4.3

What is this and anyway to remove this apps?
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Ya.. and im reservist now...

I noticed that after I change the battery, the battery status indicates charging (USB) instead of charging (AC) even though im charging through AC outlet. Im not using the original samsung cable. Last time my old battery always show correct one..

Dunno this time is it battery faulty or not

Use the original Samsung cable. It charges at 2 amps compared to about 0.5 amps for most third party cables. Charging with a third party cable my battery often discharges too.
 

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
43,410
Reaction score
3,120
Ya.. and im reservist now...

I noticed that after I change the battery, the battery status indicates charging (USB) instead of charging (AC) even though im charging through AC outlet. Im not using the original samsung cable. Last time my old battery always show correct one..

Dunno this time is it battery faulty or not

I had this problem during reservist too.
I think the problem lies with the socket. maybe they are limiting the power to the sockets?
All i know is that all my bunkmates all KPKB about the slow charging in bunk.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top