Samsung S7 - does not power on

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
Anyone has encountered this situation?

Galaxy S7. Has been working fine. About 2 weeks ago it run software update, after reboot came fine.

I notice a day or two later that screen is blank and there are no LEDs. Tried to power on - did not work. Then I tried to power on using all possible combinations - power on + volume down, volume up+volume down+home+power on - did not work either.

I left if for couple of week letting the battery to run dry and tried to change it again. Today tired to change but the same situation, plus charge LED does not come up, but at the same time, the back of the phone gets quite heated.

Any thoughts what could be going on and how much will it cost to fix it? The phone is issues by the company so I have to return it in the working order or bring another working S7.

Thanks.
 

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
6,089
Reaction score
1
Anyone has encountered this situation?

Galaxy S7. Has been working fine. About 2 weeks ago it run software update, after reboot came fine.

I notice a day or two later that screen is blank and there are no LEDs. Tried to power on - did not work. Then I tried to power on using all possible combinations - power on + volume down, volume up+volume down+home+power on - did not work either.

I left if for couple of week letting the battery to run dry and tried to change it again. Today tired to change but the same situation, plus charge LED does not come up, but at the same time, the back of the phone gets quite heated.

Any thoughts what could be going on and how much will it cost to fix it? The phone is issues by the company so I have to return it in the working order or bring another working S7.

Thanks.

If the battery is totally flat it need to connect to the charger and wait for a few minutes before any indicator led appear.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
If the battery is totally flat it need to connect to the charger and wait for a few minutes before any indicator led appear.

I did. Left on charger for 1h. Indicator LED does not come up, but back of the phone is quite warm.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top