SP3 won't charge

drawar

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
89
Reaction score
17
Hi,

After 3 months of use, my SP3 now refuses to charge; the charger light doesn't even light up. I have gone thru the troubleshooting guide as per here Microsoft Surface battery not charging | Battery and power problems but to no avail. Replugging the charger from the wall doesn't help either.

I reckon the problem is most likely with the charger, but I don't have any spare one at my disposal to verify. None of my friends seems to be owning a SP3 alas. Although I'm still under Standard Warranty, I'm gonna hold off sending mine for service until I have ensured the problem lies with the device itself, not the charger. From what I gather you can only get excellent support from a brick and mortar store in the US, i.e. a brand new set for a defective unit, otherwise you'll have to wait for eons only to end up receiving a replacement that is, by and large, a refurbished one that is far worse than your original unit.

So I'm wondering if there are any stores that stock the SP3 charger so I could bring mine down for a quick check; or if there is any Good Samaritan out there that is willing to lend me theirs for just a few minutes. Thanks!
 

samtang

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
1,347
Reaction score
0
Challenger has display SP3 units. Can talk nicely to the staff to use the charger to confirm if your's is u/s. They also sell the SP3 charger. If u/s then buy from them.
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
Hi,

After 3 months of use, my SP3 now refuses to charge; the charger light doesn't even light up. I have gone thru the troubleshooting guide as per here Microsoft Surface battery not charging | Battery and power problems but to no avail. Replugging the charger from the wall doesn't help either.

I reckon the problem is most likely with the charger, but I don't have any spare one at my disposal to verify. None of my friends seems to be owning a SP3 alas. Although I'm still under Standard Warranty, I'm gonna hold off sending mine for service until I have ensured the problem lies with the device itself, not the charger. From what I gather you can only get excellent support from a brick and mortar store in the US, i.e. a brand new set for a defective unit, otherwise you'll have to wait for eons only to end up receiving a replacement that is, by and large, a refurbished one that is far worse than your original unit.

So I'm wondering if there are any stores that stock the SP3 charger so I could bring mine down for a quick check; or if there is any Good Samaritan out there that is willing to lend me theirs for just a few minutes. Thanks!

Hi,

We have the charger. You can come by our service centre and we help you check out FOC. :)
PM us for details before coming by.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top