speedtest speed from new singtel combo

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
Hi all how's your speed test results like?

My note 4 is pathetic, here are the speeds I got from orchard road.

xZWd4ic.png


This only happened after singtel issue me a microsim

Should I change ?
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi all how's your speed test results like?

My note 4 is pathetic, here are the speeds I got from orchard road.

xZWd4ic.png


This only happened after singtel issue me a microsim

Should I change ?

erm, all the speed tests you did were on cellular network... Are you trying to test the 3G speed, 4G speed or Singtel WiFi speed?
 

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
I deactivate 4g+ to save battery-
Just 3g. But I expect better for 3g :/
 

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
erm, all the speed tests you did were on cellular network... Are you trying to test the 3G speed, 4G speed or Singtel WiFi speed?

Test 3g speed bro

It's like my speed is very intermittent. Most of the times sloe, have to reset my data then it gets better for awhile
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Test 3g speed bro

It's like my speed is very intermittent. Most of the times sloe, have to reset my data then it gets better for awhile

i see.. was confused for a while cos your title of the thread a bit misleading..

I don't think it has to do with your simcard or the combo plan. Perhaps you can try to activate LTE setting and do another speed test. If 4G speed test is acceptable, then this rules out the simcard fault. Combo plan does not have an effect on your speed unless you exceeded the bundled data.

Typically on 3G, users are able to get 1.7mbps to 7mbps 80% of the time, measured in a 24-hour period as tested by Singtel.

For a 4G speed 300mbps speed, which known as 4G+ that is supported by note 4, your typical speed lies between 20mbps to 140mbps 80% of the time measured in a 24-hour period.

More info can be obtained here:

4G+ 300mbps speed: Mobile Broadband

3G Speed: FAQs for Mobile Broadband - Click on point 7.

The information is extracted from Mobile Broadband page, there is no difference in speed between mobile broadband and handset broadband.

Hope this clarifies.

So in general, the speed you got is actually acceptable.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Test 3g speed bro

It's like my speed is very intermittent. Most of the times sloe, have to reset my data then it gets better for awhile

I've seen the same on most recent phones I've tried on singtel 3G. Speeds are in the same ballpark too. And data drops once in a while and require a toggle of airplane mode on and off to get it working again. Tested on Redmi, Redmi Note, US set 2013 Moto X, US set Moto G, local dual sim 2013 Moto G, Motorola Razr i, Nexus 4, Galaxy S3, and probably a few more 3G only phones that forgot about.

Not to mention I've noticed poorer reception too on 3G only (or maybe because it's slow i think it's poor, who knows). Maybe its just Singtel allocating more bandwidth to LTE users? Cause I have great experiences on LTE speeds with Singtel, stable and decent speeds, and good reception too.

15526681859_bb3190c5ca_c.jpg


Anyway, with newer phone these days, I don't think having 4G on consume that much more battery life. The modem are generally more power efficient in my experience. If your speed is fast, things loads fast, you get things done fast also. If change to 3G, things loads slower, things get done slower. You need to leave the screen on longer, and screen is always the majority part of battery use if you always check the battery usage stats. So end up maybe won't save that much also. 0.2 cents here.
 
Last edited:

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
Thanks Alex

I observed my speed this morning again.

*edit, speed are in kb/sec

tY8X6Pm.jpg

NgddlHn.jpg
tSCQHde.jpg
 
Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675

chris1987

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
4
theres 4g+ in my area, but im trying to avoid turning it on.

although the 4g+ speed is amazing lol.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top