Starhub block port forwarding

ckt777

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know which ports is open by Starhub for port forwarding ? I am using Starhub Mobile Broadband and Starhub blocks ports number 1024, 1025, 8080, 10000, etc......I have no problem with port forwarding on SingTel and M1 Broadband Mobile.

oric1

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know which ports is open by Starhub for port forwarding ? I am using Starhub Mobile Broadband and Starhub blocks ports number 1024, 1025, 8080, 10000, etc......I have no problem with port forwarding on SingTel and M1 Broadband Mobile.

check yourself Open Port Check Tool

ckt777

Reaction score
Thank for the Open Port Check Tool, it is very useful. I tried it with many port numbers such as 1024, 8080, 5000, 10000, 12000, 100000, etc and all ports encountered connection refused. It seems that Starhub blocks all port forwarding. Is there anyone out there who manage to get Port forwarding working on Starhub Mobile Broadband ?

philask

Reaction score
Thank for the Open Port Check Tool, it is very useful. I tried it with many port numbers such as 1024, 8080, 5000, 10000, 12000, 100000, etc and all ports encountered connection refused. It seems that Starhub blocks all port forwarding. Is there anyone out there who manage to get Port forwarding working on Starhub Mobile Broadband ?

That tool will only check if a particular port at your IP is currently open (as it says at the top "for remotely verifying a port is open or closed"). It'll only work if one of those ports is currently open and you're directly connected to the Starhub modem, no NAT router / firewall in the way.

If you have a NAT router then you need to "punch a hole" (port redirection) or set your computer up as the DMZ device, even then you still need some service listening on the port. Some server apps support UPnP which (assuming your router also supports UPnP) will create the port redirect for you.

I've found no evidence that Starhub block any incoming ports (I'm on VQW now), I ran my router against my Starhub MaxInfinity Ultimate connection and had numerous open ports (incoming VPN, SFTP etc.), no problem at all.

I should also probably add that most ISP's T&C's state that you are not allowed to run publicly accessible FTP / HTTP servers (or at least it's frowned upon), my particular purposes was only to be able to access my home network while away.

---

UPDATE: MEH.. just notice that you said Starhub Mobile... in which case yes, you're probably right they may well block certain ports, but the same stands you need a service on your mobile device to respond to the TCP connection that site is making.

Last edited:

ckt777

Reaction score
I tested the port checker tool directly by plugging the USB Modem dongle on my laptop and with my Windows Firewall disabled. So nothing is blocking the port. I checked and only port 22 & 23 are open.

I am using port forwarding for my IP cameras at home in which I am trying to do port forwarding to my internal IP addresses for the IP cameras. I tested using Singtel and M1 mobile broadband SIM card and it work perfect. Is there any workaround if Starhub is blocking the ports ?

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
You may want to try ShieldsUP! at **Home of Gibson Research Corporation** instead - it can differentiate between stealth ports and closed ports.

Assuming your firewall is disabled, stealth ports mean that they are blocked at ISP side. i.e. you can pick any of the closed ports to test if port forwarding works for you.

Last edited:

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually Stealth means ur router simply drops the packet. Not always because ISP block Close means the hosts behinds responds that no service is running on the port. Thats the difference.

SG_Jimmy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, im trying also to set ddns for my friend starhub mobile, only port 22 is open. u found any other port ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.