Strange camera vigenette-like issue

ivancen

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,380
Reaction score
0
Hi Samsung smartphone users,

my friend's front-facing cam for Note 4 has this strange vignette-like effect she asked me to disable. But I realised it's not even enabled in the first place and vignette after enabling does not look like this. Yet it doesn't seem to be camera problem, more like something is blocking the camera? Any seasoned users know of this issue? I played with a few settings but have no idea what caused this. Plse suggest possible issues thanks!

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Eva_Centrino/media/strange circle_zpsafh9zcff.jpg.html
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi Samsung smartphone users,

my friend's front-facing cam for Note 4 has this strange vignette-like effect she asked me to disable. But I realised it's not even enabled in the first place and vignette after enabling does not look like this. Yet it doesn't seem to be camera problem, more like something is blocking the camera? Any seasoned users know of this issue? I played with a few settings but have no idea what caused this. Plse suggest possible issues thanks!

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Eva_Centrino/media/strange circle_zpsafh9zcff.jpg.html

Visually can u see if there is obstruction on your front camera?

If not, have u tried resetting the camera app?
 

ivancen

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,380
Reaction score
0
Visually can u see if there is obstruction on your front camera?

If not, have u tried resetting the camera app?


hi thanks for the suggestion, will relook again as it's not my phone. First impression from memory was that physically looks ok. Cam app not reset, but in that short period of time I could not replicate the exact circle. Vignette for example produces a different oval rather than circle. That's y it baffled me.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
hi thanks for the suggestion, will relook again as it's not my phone. First impression from memory was that physically looks ok. Cam app not reset, but in that short period of time I could not replicate the exact circle. Vignette for example produces a different oval rather than circle. That's y it baffled me.

If it's not a software issue, it might be a misalignment of the camera module. Hopefully it's not a hardware issue for it.. :)
 

Brock

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2001
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Check the entire screen. Does it bulge out from the bezel? If yes, then the adhesive from the screen has worn out (most likely due to heat). Mine has that issue. Front lens also covered with tiny specks of dust. Will be bringing it to some OEM repair shop to rectify it soon.
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
Hi Samsung smartphone users,

my friend's front-facing cam for Note 4 has this strange vignette-like effect she asked me to disable. But I realised it's not even enabled in the first place and vignette after enabling does not look like this. Yet it doesn't seem to be camera problem, more like something is blocking the camera? Any seasoned users know of this issue? I played with a few settings but have no idea what caused this. Plse suggest possible issues thanks!

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Eva_Centrino/media/strange circle_zpsafh9zcff.jpg.html

I think got dust inside? Maybe you want to check
 

ivancen

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,380
Reaction score
0
hi all thanks for the suggestions and advice, appreciate them a lot! Strangely the effect disappeared suddenly. I went over to take a look at the phone to follow the suggestions and suddenly, the cam was totally normal, no effect whatsoever. And nothing had been adjusted at all yet. Cos my fren the user is totally not tech savvy. Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's over and once again thanks for all the help! :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top