Suggestions for new rig

kyiori

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
21
I'm building a new Mini ITX with following specs. Need suggestions to improve my current specs based on budget of 1.9k. Overall I'm able to bring down the price using coupons and promo codes from Qoo10 and Lazada.

1.) PSU: Silverstone Strider 550W 80plus Gold
Dimensions (WxHxD): 150mm x 86mm x 140mm
2.) GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp
Card Length: 210mm x 128mm
3.) Monitor: Dell S2316H - GTG 6ms
4.) Case: Fractal Design Core 500
5.) RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR4
6.) MB+CPU: MSI B150i Gaming Pro AC + Intel i5-6500
7.) SSD: Zotac 480GB

Some important details for Fractal Design Core 500 casing.
- Mini ITX, Mini DTX motherboard compatibility; NOTE: motherboards with SATA ports that are angled 90 degrees may conflict with installation in the case.
- CPU coolers up to 170mm in height
- ATX PSUs, up to 160mm in length (modular PSUs)
- Graphics cards up to 310 mm in length
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 250 x 203 x 367 mm
 
Last edited:

f4ll3n

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
197
Reaction score
11
I'm building a new mini itx with following specs. Need suggestions to improve my current specs based on budget of 1.8k-1.9k

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Amp
RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR4
PSU: Silverstone Strider 550W 80plus Gold
SSD: Zotac 240G
HDD: WD 1TB Blue
Case: Fractal Design Core 500
Monitor: Dell U2417H
Motherboard: MSI B150i Pro AC
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500


Is there any/better monitor than dell u2417h? Prefer price range less than $400. I'm fine with 60mhz, 1080-1440p, 23-27inch monitor.

Do I nees AIO cooler since I'm not overclocking?
Mini itx with that gpu and you using non-K skylake, no need aftermarket cooler alr. The stock cooler should be good enough.
Suggest you get 1 stick 16 instead of 8 for RAM?

Sent from OnePlus A0001 using GAGT
 

kyiori

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
21
Hi guys, I just amended my rig build and need some advice if components fit to fractal design core 500 case.

I also understand fractal design core 500 mentioned that "motherboards with SATA ports that are angled 90 degrees may conflict with installation in the case." <- What does that mean? Will MSI B150i Pro Game AC able to fit into this case properly?

Firstly, I'm not overclocking CPU, is stock heatsink enough? Should I get CM Hyper 212X to better cool and reduce noise over stock heatsink?

Secondly, Is IPS monitor with GTG response of 4ms be fine on gaming? I don't play FPS but occasionally racing games.

Lastly, any suggestion to improve or any mistake on my rig? Pls help to find fault as I'm very new to DIY PC.
 

wc1989

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2016
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I just amended my rig build and need some advice if components fit to fractal design core 500 case.

I also understand fractal design core 500 mentioned that "motherboards with SATA ports that are angled 90 degrees may conflict with installation in the case." <- What does that mean? Will MSI B150i Pro Game AC able to fit into this case properly?

Firstly, I'm not overclocking CPU, is stock heatsink enough? Should I get CM Hyper 212X to better cool and reduce noise over stock heatsink?

Secondly, Is IPS monitor with GTG response of 4ms be fine on gaming? I don't play FPS but occasionally racing games.

Lastly, any suggestion to improve or any mistake on my rig? Pls help to find fault as I'm very new to DIY PC.

stock heatsink good enough, noise wise at least for me is inaudible.

Dont see a problem with ur monitor..
 

kyiori

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
21
stock heatsink good enough, noise wise at least for me is inaudible.

Dont see a problem with ur monitor..

How about the choice of my motherboard? With the note stating "motherboards with SATA ports that are angled 90 degrees may conflict with installation in the case."

Sorry, would someone mind to explain?
 

wc1989

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2016
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
How about the choice of my motherboard? With the note stating "motherboards with SATA ports that are angled 90 degrees may conflict with installation in the case."

Sorry, would someone mind to explain?

The choice of ur mobo seems fine and i think u dont have to worry with ur mobo and the case, usually mobo SATA ports are 180degrees flat out. And in this case, ur mobo one is 180 degrees flat out.
 

Tornesoul

Master Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
3,446
Reaction score
15
i suggest you quickly hoot 1 thing at least with qoo10's $100 coupon, 26 july expire. probably ur gpu
 

ihan97

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
When planning builds, I like to use PCPartpickers website and just add all your parts in. They have a great compatibility check too. You can also see the prices so you know you're not paying more than you should.
 

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
1.) PSU: Silverstone Strider 550W 80plus Gold (Qoo10 $146)

What about the Superflower Leadex Silver 550W? Lazada $119, 650W Gold $159. Both b4 discount.

Qoo10 remember to add shipping cost.
 

kyiori

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
21
Hello guys, need suggestions for top fans installation on fractal design core 500 case. Currently left panel mesh is used for GPU fan intake, and rear panel for exhaust.

I'm only left with top panel with two mounting for 120/140mm fan.

How can I setup two 140mm fan on my new rig? Is intake better for more airflow? Should I get high airflow or high static pressure fans on this setup?

gamersky_14small_28_20159242219290.jpg
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top