Torn in between MacBook Air & MacBook Pro

bodohboy

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
345
Reaction score
6
If u want portability, I would say MacBook Air. But if u prefer performance, I would choose pro. Either way you are ok one. Personally I am using pro because there is no new air when I purchase the pro. If not likely I get air

But the weight difference very negligible leh, both damn portable
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,053
Reaction score
854
Thanks all. Got a pro instead and really love it. The touch bar especially.
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,053
Reaction score
854
i think the touchbar is quite redundant tbh...

i used my mbp for 3 years alr but i barely use the touchbar

Maybe its new to me thats why i will look to it for the functions thats app related first before looking up on screen.
 

WhoIsGad

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My macbook air died on the 3rd year, A MONTH!! after the apple care ended. Bloody hell. It would cost almost $400 to repair, replace the motherboard and battery. Both burned.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
My macbook air died on the 3rd year, A MONTH!! after the apple care ended. Bloody hell. It would cost almost $400 to repair, replace the motherboard and battery. Both burned.

This has been for sometime? If not if it’s like just 1 month later, can request for discretion
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,053
Reaction score
854
returned my initial purchase and went for a refurb set with better cpu, more ram, more thunderports for almost same price.

damn 16gb is sweet. never knew 8gb will be barely enough for me
 

siaoboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
16
Thanks. thats what i thought so also...

until i read an article about the 2019 MBA, the processor seemed to be no better than my 2015 macbook. Which is a bummer as i find my current macbook quite lag when i doing heavy email replies and webstore management.

buy the MBA and live regret. I started with MBA and was horrified by its performance. Upgraded to the MBP and didn't regret it at all.

MBA offer no real weight advantage and performance is really regrettable
 

Markenson

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2019
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
I prefer using MacBook Air since it's not as heavy as MacBook Pro. I guess it's not a really strong reason why you should choose a computer, but since I travel quite a bit, it's way more comfortable for me.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top