Travel Insurance

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Seen that NTUC having 25% on their travel insurance.
Any one has bought before?
How was it like?
If you flu or ls at bangkok, can see doctor there and claimable ma ?

So far bought aviva many times, not bad ....
 

wint3rz

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
friends shared, it may be cheap to buy but when needed to claim from ntuc insurance, it can be quite 'ma fan'.

not that anyone would want to have the chance to claim from them but still, i think i would rather pay more for peace of mind and less issues.

my previous single trip insurances were from Citibank / ACE Insurance, has not need to claim before but decent cost when there's citibank card user discount.
 

Cartoon0512

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
676
Reaction score
1
My last cancel trip due to bkk shutdown .. NTuc fully refund me fully for the air tkt n is hassle free ... Gg again in mar n I Juz buy ins from them yest .. Ya .. Now having 25% .. I buy fr 3 adults n 1 kids for 5 days less than $70
 

leogeo

Master Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
3,744
Reaction score
3
My last cancel trip due to bkk shutdown .. NTuc fully refund me fully for the air tkt n is hassle free ... Gg again in mar n I Juz buy ins from them yest .. Ya .. Now having 25% .. I buy fr 3 adults n 1 kids for 5 days less than $70
ntuc refunded you based on what T&C in their policy?
 

Cartoon0512

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
676
Reaction score
1
ntuc refunded you based on what T&C in their policy?

"sudden riot prior to my departure"

Because i bought the ins in the begining of Nov 2013 althot i only fly on 12 Jan 14 . They said that i bought it before the riot happened in bkk ..so anything due to the bkk riot , i can claim fully .. they gg to refund me my hotel n airtkt but later my hotel refund me so i only claim air tkt .. they oso said if i still cont to go althot i know there is a riot, i can still claim if touched wood something happen due to the riot ..

for this one, i really think ntuc real good .. the whole proceed was good ...
 

Tiny potato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
7,925
Reaction score
3
My last cancel trip due to bkk shutdown .. NTuc fully refund me fully for the air tkt n is hassle free ... Gg again in mar n I Juz buy ins from them yest .. Ya .. Now having 25% .. I buy fr 3 adults n 1 kids for 5 days less than $70

Thanks for the info!
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
msig good bo?

dunno why i rushed it without much research.

Msig bought once then never buy le lol ...
Bought ace insurance, because they always have sales....when want to claim not really good, call them they dont know what I am saying. Then reply very slow. Think some airline tag with ace insurance so would avoid buying from them :)
 

stefinity

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I bought from citibank.. they are selling on behalf of ACE insurance.
I claimed my post-trip medical.. they are really efficient. Not bad!
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
I bought from citibank.. they are selling on behalf of ACE insurance.
I claimed my post-trip medical.. they are really efficient. Not bad!

then that's good for you. Bought before 2x, call them very fed up, they keep dont know what I am saying ... Then when ask about claim, they very slow reply. Then told myself, enough is enough. Shall buy from other vendor, so far aviva not bad. At least the one picking up the phone understands what I am saying.
 

liteScribble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
23,010
Reaction score
108
Msig bought once then never buy le lol ...
Bought ace insurance, because they always have sales....when want to claim not really good, call them they dont know what I am saying. Then reply very slow. Think some airline tag with ace insurance so would avoid buying from them :)
why did you encounter bad experience?
 

liteScribble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
23,010
Reaction score
108
Their telephone operator very hard to communicate with them.
Want to claim for luggage damage, they very long then reply.
In the end, cx solve the issue already.
oh i see. thanks for the heads up. btw whats cx?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top