Trekking with a Macbook?

Ev0d3vil

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
36,285
Reaction score
6,835
I'll be going trekking with a 70L backpack and a daypack, which is my laptop backpack. Is it viable to bring these 2 bags along for the trek? Along with some camping?
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
I seriously doubt it would be a comfortable experience even if you could do it. How many days are you trekking?

Do you really need a 70L bag PLUS a laptop bag? You are looking at a combined weight of 20+kg. Do you even need a laptop? If you are trekking over several days, how are you going to power/charge your laptop? Why risk damaging or losing your laptop on a trek in the first place?

I think you should simplify and reduce. Bring a smaller bag, bring less crap, and ditch the laptop. Many things can be done on your phone anyway. When packing, don't ask "will I use this". Ask "Will I use this often enough to justify lugging it over a long distance and long time". If you use something 0 or 1 time over the whole trip, better don't bring it. You probably won't miss it. Exceptions that you should bring regardless are small first aid kit, emergency supplies, or very small/light items that increase your comfort/safety.


I'll be going trekking with a 70L backpack and a daypack, which is my laptop backpack. Is it viable to bring these 2 bags along for the trek? Along with some camping?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top