Undecided on which mass comm deg? :)

Vexed Spirit

Master Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
4,615
Reaction score
2
Teaching is my 2nd interest. I may go NIE (mid career switch) as i know teachers saying it's diff to work in other sectors if they have only teaching exp.

What i can teach depends if i can go NIE? They'll assign according to grades/interest/kind of dip?

Responses here have been kind, thanks again! :)
 

Kvicez

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
518
Reaction score
0
Teaching is my 2nd interest. I may go NIE (mid career switch) as i know teachers saying it's diff to work in other sectors if they have only teaching exp.

What i can teach depends if i can go NIE? They'll assign according to grades/interest/kind of dip?

Responses here have been kind, thanks again! :)

If your passion lies in teaching, you should consider teaching in polytechnics and private schools instead of NIE. Your industry experience in media will add value to your teaching position. Furthermore, the remuneration is not bad too.

I agree with Kyoji83 - your polytechnic diploma will be much useful if you decide to seek a job in another field. It will also allow you to enter NIE.
 

Vexed Spirit

Master Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
4,615
Reaction score
2
Thanks again! :D

I'll have to work somewhere related to comm till Apr '14 after my current work ends, & i have only Os so it maybe hard to find. Do you have any suggestions?

I may need to pass an interview for NP as I'm off by a pt, being 2y later doesn't help so i need exp. SP's ok i guess.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top