UOB MIGHTY FX account

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,655
Reaction score
1,919
Can this mighty fx card link to alipay for spending in rmb in china? However, I couldn't seems to able install alipay properly with a sg phone number?
 

londonbowler

Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
330
Reaction score
39
UOB gave me both a UOB One and a UOB Mighty FX debit card (two debit cards total). Should I cancel one to avoid extra annual fees? Is there a difference between these two?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
anyone know how this MightyFX account works?

I opened the UOB one account with this MightyFX account. is it something like youtrip that can store foreign currency? and just use the debit card and it will auto choose the currency account?
 

tyongchi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
12
As long as there are $$ of the country that you are spending on in the account, UOB will use that (either thru physical tapping of the debit card or purchase thru online, eg booking of hotels). The debit card is similar to the youtrip card. The con is the list of cuurencies available are limited. The advantage is that there's no validity (unlike youtrip) period. That is, you can keep the foriegn currencies on the account for as long as you want.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
As long as there are $$ of the country that you are spending on in the account, UOB will use that (either thru physical tapping of the debit card or purchase thru online, eg booking of hotels). The debit card is similar to the youtrip card. The con is the list of cuurencies available are limited. The advantage is that there's no validity (unlike youtrip) period. That is, you can keep the foriegn currencies on the account for as long as you want.
thanks..

what is there is $0 in that currency? will it auto convert from my one account? or transaction will fail ?

seems like youtrip is more flexible as it will auto use the main account..
 

tyongchi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
12
I'm not sure whether it will auto use the main account if account is $0. But why do this? I tot it will be better that you exchange at a rate you desire rather than depending on the spot rate of the day. If you have spare after your holiday, you can always change back to SG (but I normally leave it since I know I will need it the following year). If you have insufficient amount, you can always log into UOB tmrw to buy the currency you want anytime.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,809
Reaction score
1,020
I'm not sure whether it will auto use the main account if account is $0. But why do this? I tot it will be better that you exchange at a rate you desire rather than depending on the spot rate of the day. If you have spare after your holiday, you can always change back to SG (but I normally leave it since I know I will need it the following year). If you have insufficient amount, you can always log into UOB tmrw to buy the currency you want anytime.
ok, so I am wondering if the rates are better than youtrip or trust or even amaze.

cos spending in mighty FX doesnt get any UNI points or cash back..
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2021
Messages
388
Reaction score
175
Anyone using UOB Mighty FX to convert foreign currencies?

The spread charged by the bank was quite small from actual market until recently the rate charged by the bank increase alot by more than 70pips across all currencies
 

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2001
Messages
7,382
Reaction score
2,402
Website says "Pay with your Mighty FX Debit Card when you shop overseas or online and save on admin fees". Does it mean if I tap the card for Y100, only Y100 will be taken from the card? same like Youtrip Card? Thank you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top