Upgrading a prebuilt system

BLCUNDRCVR

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Does anyone here know how I can upgrade a prebuilt system to better handle games (Bioshock:Infinite at least)? I am using a HP Elitedesk 800 G1 TWR. Seems to me like the motherboard that came with it is a micro-atx size (I can't tell because information about the dimensions are scant on the internet). Should I get a short gpu or a new motherboard and a gpu together? I only intended to doa simple upgrade of the gpu but opening the pc it seems to me that I cannot fit the regular sized ones inside.

EDIT: Rather it is the SATA ports and another port that is blocking the way as they are not situated at the edge of the motherboard but on the same face as the PCIE slots.
 
Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Does anyone here know how I can upgrade a prebuilt system to better handle games (Bioshock:Infinite at least)? I am using a HP Elitedesk 800 G1 TWR. Seems to me like the motherboard that came with it is a micro-atx size (I can't tell because information about the dimensions are scant on the internet). Should I get a short gpu or a new motherboard and a gpu together? I only intended to doa simple upgrade of the gpu but opening the pc it seems to me that I cannot fit the regular sized ones inside.

EDIT: Rather it is the SATA ports and another port that is blocking the way as they are not situated at the edge of the motherboard but on the same face as the PCIE slots.

maybe u can list your specs and maybe open up and upload the links at imgur?

but all i can say its not easy to just buy a new mobo and gpu to slap into this pc. would rather u just build a new one instead.
 

intrance

Master Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
1
Does anyone here know how I can upgrade a prebuilt system to better handle games (Bioshock:Infinite at least)? I am using a HP Elitedesk 800 G1 TWR. Seems to me like the motherboard that came with it is a micro-atx size (I can't tell because information about the dimensions are scant on the internet). Should I get a short gpu or a new motherboard and a gpu together? I only intended to doa simple upgrade of the gpu but opening the pc it seems to me that I cannot fit the regular sized ones inside.

EDIT: Rather it is the SATA ports and another port that is blocking the way as they are not situated at the edge of the motherboard but on the same face as the PCIE slots.

is yours is Tower type?

if yes.. no need to get new motherboard... just get GPU..
open up and do some measurement for GPU length limitation.

check also if there is any space for mounting SSD.. if yes.. get one and do cloning for your OS..
if RAM is 4gb... slap another 4/8gb..

i hope your PSU power is enough to powerup the GPU..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top