Using the word "fug"

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
31,384
Reaction score
3,526
Recently I use the word fug and got an infraction.

in dictionary.comb the word "fug" means

"stale air, especially the humid, warm, ill-smelling air of a crowded room, kitchen, etc."

in the context of my post, I am telling another name calling forum member to get out of this stale, smelly conversation of name labelling.

Why must there be an infraction for similar sounding words when the context is different?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,295
Reaction score
5,870
Definition doesn’t mean everything. Intention matters too
 
Last edited:

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
Recently I use the word fug and got an infraction.

in dictionary.comb the word "fug" means

"stale air, especially the humid, warm, ill-smelling air of a crowded room, kitchen, etc."

in the context of my post, I am telling another name calling forum member to get out of this stale, smelly conversation of name labelling.

Why must there be an infraction for similar sounding words when the context is different?

as mentioned in my reply to your pm.

Admin reviewed your pm and said that appeal denied.

Communication is a 2 ways street, if you communicate in a way that most people find offensive then that's how they will react, take it as a lesson learnt to communicate in a less ambiguous manner.

thanks
 

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
31,384
Reaction score
3,526
as mentioned in my reply to your pm.

Admin reviewed your pm and said that appeal denied.

Communication is a 2 ways street, if you communicate in a way that most people find offensive then that's how they will react, take it as a lesson learnt to communicate in a less ambiguous manner.

thanks

Funny that I just mentioned that Singapore needs to be neutral, and was named labelled.

What is so offensive to say that Singapore needs to be a neutral state?

Thank you.
 

Dragon

*
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
37,619
Reaction score
1,550
Funny that I just mentioned that Singapore needs to be neutral, and was named labelled.

What is so offensive to say that Singapore needs to be a neutral state?

Thank you.

There is nothing offensive in having the opinion that Singapore needs to be a neutral state, that is afterall your personal opinion.

However posting the remark "fug off" at others is blatantly offensive hence other users reported it against you. You don't need to tell others to "fug off" to express an opinion of anything, just like I don't say "fug you" to others when I mean thank you.

Closing thread as I believe this clarification can't be any more straight forward to comprehend. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top