Watch Dogs Need 4GB VRAM.....

hengheng220

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
7
Fraps slows you down doesnt show the true representative fps

However geforce exp 2.1 just released fps display lemme try to get it to work

Actually I think fps is just a number ba... As long as you play the game and it's smooth enough can le, no need actual numbers ba...
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
Actually I think fps is just a number ba... As long as you play the game and it's smooth enough can le, no need actual numbers ba...

I tried recording with fraps and shadowplay

shadowplay i have uploaded here but it doesnt show fps

https://mega.co.nz/#!iUVADTgK!dWtpFGmTXEsm8mKfXLvQfFi3Nsbtv5SontwNy1VP1JY

keeps jumping around 140-150 in heavy smoke drop to 120 but rarely below 110

1080p maxed as per the video at 1400mhz core (equivalency 3dmark firestrike around 11.5-12k)

fraps however when you run the f9 benchmark it locks the fps to 90fps idk why and i cant seem to get them to produce the xls file. any gurus can share?
 

hengheng220

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
7
I tried recording with fraps and shadowplay

shadowplay i have uploaded here but it doesnt show fps

https://mega.co.nz/#!iUVADTgK!dWtpFGmTXEsm8mKfXLvQfFi3Nsbtv5SontwNy1VP1JY

keeps jumping around 140-150 in heavy smoke drop to 120 but rarely below 110

1080p maxed as per the video at 1400mhz core (equivalency 3dmark firestrike around 11.5-12k)

fraps however when you run the f9 benchmark it locks the fps to 90fps idk why and i cant seem to get them to produce the xls file. any gurus can share?

Yepp it's meant to lock at 90. I think they will affect performance if goes beyond
 

Swordsman

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Messages
92,485
Reaction score
2,468
You serious??? Lols Maxwell is the next gen of nvidia gpu architecture, or whatever they call it. It's suppose to have better performance and yet lower power consumption as seen from gtx 750

sorry. me long time never keep myself updated on IT news.

my friend give me false info.

told me msi gtx 780 ti twin frost can run 1440p max settings at 60 fps.

after seeing this thread, i know its far from enough.
 

hengheng220

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
7
sorry. me long time never keep myself updated on IT news.

my friend give me false info.

told me msi gtx 780 ti twin frost can run 1440p max settings at 60 fps.

after seeing this thread, i know its far from enough.

Hahaha cause I see you post a few times, thought you got follow De ma. Btw I don't think it's the gpu fault ba... Cpu also must have ht and the game itself not that optimised also
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
sorry. me long time never keep myself updated on IT news.

my friend give me false info.

told me msi gtx 780 ti twin frost can run 1440p max settings at 60 fps.

after seeing this thread, i know its far from enough.

not sure if TF can but classified definitely can
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,627
Reaction score
691
I've read that there is a bandwidth limit of about 2GB for gtx 770. Meaning to say the gpu will likely run out of processing power even before it exceeds 2GB ram usage. Maybe some pros here will like to shed light on this cos i'm not too familiar just happened to read it on some other forum :) GTX 770 2GB vs 4GB? [Solved] - Gtx - Graphics & Displays
Just something I've gleaned from the net, but from what I've read, it goes like this:
128bit memory interface = 1GB VRAM
256bit memory interface = 2GB VRAM
384bit memory interface - 3GB VRAM
512bit memory interface = 4GB VRAM

Basically, the memory interface would be a limiting factor, like a GTX760 4GB, most throughput that can be used is about 2GB to 2.5GB tops, so having 4GB on this card is pointless (also assume the GTX760 has enough GPU grunt in the first place) unless you go SLi where, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the memory interface can be stacked, unlike VRAM. For Watch Dogs, guru3d recommends High quality setting with FXAA for 1080P gaming, turning up AA to 2x/4xMSAA will eat up VRAM.
Watch Dogs VGA graphics performance benchmark review - Article - Guide - Review

Again, let me emphasize I am no expert, just something I'd picked up while surfing.
 

Swordsman

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Messages
92,485
Reaction score
2,468
Hahaha cause I see you post a few times, thought you got follow De ma. Btw I don't think it's the gpu fault ba... Cpu also must have ht and the game itself not that optimised also

oh only know titan black or titan or whatever card that has 6gb ram. or 800 series card.

wait for patch then.

i need to know recommend requirements for witcher 3 and dragon age inquistion before hooting new rig..




not sure if TF can but classified definitely can

whats tf ?

thunderfuy ? :s13:
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
oh only know titan black or titan or whatever card that has 6gb ram. or 800 series card.

wait for patch then.

i need to know recommend requirements for witcher 3 and dragon age inquistion before hooting new rig..






whats tf ?

thunderfuy ? :s13:

twinfrozr msi
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
Just something I've gleaned from the net, but from what I've read, it goes like this:
128bit memory interface = 1GB VRAM
256bit memory interface = 2GB VRAM
384bit memory interface - 3GB VRAM
512bit memory interface = 4GB VRAM

Basically, the memory interface would be a limiting factor, like a GTX760 4GB, most throughput that can be used is about 2GB to 2.5GB tops, so having 4GB on this card is pointless (also assume the GTX760 has enough GPU grunt in the first place) unless you go SLi where, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the memory interface can be stacked, unlike VRAM. For Watch Dogs, guru3d recommends High quality setting with FXAA for 1080P gaming, turning up AA to 2x/4xMSAA will eat up VRAM.
Watch Dogs VGA graphics performance benchmark review - Article - Guide - Review

Again, let me emphasize I am no expert, just something I'd picked up while surfing.

isnt memory throughput equally dependent on the memory clock too?

although gk110 has 384bit mem bus but with 6gb still can utilise mah likewise for titan
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,627
Reaction score
691
isnt memory throughput equally dependent on the memory clock too?

although gk110 has 384bit mem bus but with 6gb still can utilise mah likewise for titan
I don't see how, but hey, I ain't an expert....
 

manshen

Banned
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
0
Just something I've gleaned from the net, but from what I've read, it goes like this:
128bit memory interface = 1GB VRAM
256bit memory interface = 2GB VRAM
384bit memory interface - 3GB VRAM
512bit memory interface = 4GB VRAM

Basically, the memory interface would be a limiting factor, like a GTX760 4GB, most throughput that can be used is about 2GB to 2.5GB tops, so having 4GB on this card is pointless (also assume the GTX760 has enough GPU grunt in the first place) unless you go SLi where, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the memory interface can be stacked, unlike VRAM. For Watch Dogs, guru3d recommends High quality setting with FXAA for 1080P gaming, turning up AA to 2x/4xMSAA will eat up VRAM.
Watch Dogs VGA graphics performance benchmark review - Article - Guide - Review

Again, let me emphasize I am no expert, just something I'd picked up while surfing.

Amt of VRAM does not depend on only path width. Its also affected by density of VRAM used. eg. 512Mbit or 1Gib Modules. If you use higher density VRAM you get more VRAM for the same path width. But its more expensive as well.
 

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
5,207
Reaction score
11
I've read that there is a bandwidth limit of about 2GB for gtx 770. Meaning to say the gpu will likely run out of processing power even before it exceeds 2GB ram usage.
Just something I've gleaned from the net, but from what I've read, it goes like this:
128bit memory interface = 1GB VRAM
256bit memory interface = 2GB VRAM
384bit memory interface - 3GB VRAM
512bit memory interface = 4GB VRAM

Basically, the memory interface would be a limiting factor, like a GTX760 4GB, most throughput that can be used is about 2GB to 2.5GB tops, so having 4GB on this card is pointless (also assume the GTX760 has enough GPU grunt in the first place) unless you go SLi where, someone correct me if I'm wrong, the memory interface can be stacked, unlike VRAM.
me layperson but jus wondering... wat abt preloading of assets' textures etc into vram, esp in an open world game like WD? if tats possible, is tat already factored into the above points of view?
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Fraps dont slow down your pc unless you do recording. If you are just benchmarking it is fine. Its 2 different things.
 

allhomme

Master Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
2,909
Reaction score
0
Just something I've gleaned from the net, but from what I've read, it goes like this:
128bit memory interface = 1GB VRAM
256bit memory interface = 2GB VRAM
384bit memory interface - 3GB VRAM
512bit memory interface = 4GB VRAM

My guess is that the amt of vram stated is the max amount the interface is able to process at any one time. So maybe we don't use that max available vram at any one time so we are unlikely to hit a bottleneck?

Just a hypothesis
 

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
18,905
Reaction score
33
Fraps dont slow down your pc unless you do recording. If you are just benchmarking it is fine. Its 2 different things.

just having it running in the background cuts around 10-20fps i have tried it empirically. likewise shadowplay too

both tested in Bf4
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top