WD Warranty needs receipt?

Lustrea

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2013
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
I lost the receipt. But I typed in the serial number of my product on WD warranty check, it shows that I still have warranty. Do I have to present my receipt?
 

Techpumpkin_WD

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

If it's listed under warranty when you check with the online checker you won’t need the receipt to go for RMA. All the information you need is here:

wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1222

Basically, you first need to apply to get an RMA number online, than make sure you follow the packaging instructions and send it to the proper address for your region.

Before you apply for RMA is good to make sure that the drive has failed, as it could be something else that is causing issues.

Hope that helps.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,211
Reaction score
17,455
I lost the receipt. But I typed in the serial number of my product on WD warranty check, it shows that I still have warranty. Do I have to present my receipt?
U do not need the receipt if the displayed warranty period is not shorter than what your purchase is entitled to based on your purchase date.
 

kiwitan

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
966
Reaction score
1
I need to send the hard disk back. Printed out the rma label. Question can I send it back to WD in person or must I send in via Sinkpost?
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,701
Reaction score
526
That depend on whether you prefer to make a trip down during their office hour or send it by post/courier.

I need to send the hard disk back. Printed out the rma label. Question can I send it back to WD in person or must I send in via Sinkpost?
 

kiwitan

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
966
Reaction score
1
Thanks for the info. I will depend on my abilities than to rely on the incompetence of Sinkpost.

That depend on whether you prefer to make a trip down during their office hour or send it by post/courier.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
I need to send the hard disk back. Printed out the rma label. Question can I send it back to WD in person or must I send in via Sinkpost?

Can get Taq-bin to collect from you and send down. Cost should be $6.
 

Sam161

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
462
Reaction score
0
hi

can i know where is wd office my wd elements just die on me too. can detect but cannot open.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top