What are you reading now?

hwsstx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
4,825
Reaction score
3,537
https://mothership.sg/2025/03/rakuten-kobo-subscription-service/

Rakuten Kobo launches unlimited e-book & audiobook subscription from S$9.99

Called Kobo Plus, the service provides a subscription model for readers with unlimited access to Kobo's library of over 2 million e-books and 300,000 audiobooks.

From S$9.99 per month
Readers can choose between two plans:

- Kobo Plus Read (S$9.99 per month): Unlimited e-books

- Kobo Plus Listen (S$9.99 per month): Unlimited audiobooks

- Kobo Plus Read and Listen (S$12.99 per month): Unlimited e-books and audiobooks

Apart from Kobo's line of e-readers, Kobo Plus is also accessible via the Kobo Books app on iOS or Android.
 

hwsstx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
4,825
Reaction score
3,537
51K9x1fxg8L._SL500_.jpg

Enjoying listening to this...
 

pAuro25

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
I loved Fredrik Backman's "A Man Called Ove". It's an easy read and very relatable. I recommend for readers of all ages.
 

pAuro25

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
My current book is Dan Brown's "The Secret of Secrets". So far so good. Thriller, fiction, I love Dan Brown and his knowledge of history and architecture and religion. This one even touches the sciences. It's quite a thick book (about 600+ pages) and I'm halfway through. Worth buying actually!
 

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,858
Reaction score
8,141
I loved Fredrik Backman's "A Man Called Ove". It's an easy read and very relatable. I recommend for readers of all ages.

I like the stories written by John Grisham. Very fast paced, high suspense, page turner, unputdownable.
 

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,858
Reaction score
8,141
My current book is Dan Brown's "The Secret of Secrets". So far so good. Thriller, fiction, I love Dan Brown and his knowledge of history and architecture and religion. This one even touches the sciences. It's quite a thick book (about 600+ pages) and I'm halfway through. Worth buying actually!

Yeahh, his books are also very good.

Basically, I would simply pick those with "New York Times Bestseller" printed on the front cover. Cannot go wrong with those.
 

pAuro25

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Me too! I read him too cause his plots are really interesting! I think he got a couple of books adapted into movies. I think I saw one on Netflix.
 

pAuro25

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Err to me the labels don't matter haha cause I believe literature is subjective. Some just hit you. Like I've read this book recently titled "Meet Me at the Convenience Store by the Sea" by a Japanese author because it's popular and have many positive reviews. But I found it too boring and uninteresting. Like a waste of my money.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top