What have I done wrong?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Might wanna check your HDD and SSD that causing you not to boot.

Best is remove those 2 and try booting?
 

marsbarsz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
3
Might wanna check your HDD and SSD that causing you not to boot.

Best is remove those 2 and try booting?

I managed to boot up the BIOS, and the BIOS indicated that both the HDD and SDD were detected though

But I'll try detaching them and boot again

EDIT: Nope the BOOT_DEVICE_LED still lights up
 
Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,705
Reaction score
528
Read your motherboard manual to find the CMOS battery.
 

marsbarsz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
3
Okay I don't know what I did but I just continued accessing the BIOS. The BOOT_DEVICE_LED went off!

1) Now apart from updating the BIOS, are there any settings I need to change in the BIOS?

2) Why can't the monitor detect the PC from the display port? The resolution from HDMI source is wonky
 
Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,705
Reaction score
528
Set your boot device to boot from thumb drive or dvd-rom as your case maybe and install windows OS. At first restart during OS installation, change boot device to your SSD or HDD to proceed. Do not connect any secondary HDD until setup completed.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Okay I don't know what I did but I just continued accessing the BIOS. The BOOT_DEVICE_LED went off!

1) Now apart from updating the BIOS, are there any settings I need to change in the BIOS?

2) Why can't the monitor detect the PC from the display port? The resolution from HDMI source is wonky

1) nothing much beside making sure the boot drive is your ssd and not ur hdd. unless u know other settings tuning for your bios, like power saving mode etc.

2) either the cable is spoil or either ur monitor or the gpu is the issues.
 

marsbarsz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
3
Set your boot device to boot from thumb drive or dvd-rom as your case maybe and install windows OS. At first restart during OS installation, change boot device to your SSD or HDD to proceed. Do not connect any secondary HDD until setup completed.

Yup was installing Windows, but they keep saying no DVD drives detected when both SSD and HDD drives are connected
 

marsbarsz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
3
1) nothing much beside making sure the boot drive is your ssd and not ur hdd. unless u know other settings tuning for your bios, like power saving mode etc.

2) either the cable is spoil or either ur monitor or the gpu is the issues.

Found the fix with my resolution!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top