Why was I banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Hardy

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Messages
3,696
Reaction score
2,771
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ing-posting-rubbish-troublemaker-etc.8166837/

Like I said, leftists have to tell tales because they cannot formulate arguments.

I called him a “leftist shill”. This is grounds for banning?

There was no vulgarity involved. No relatives were included. “Shill” may not be complimentary, but it isn’t particularly inflammatory either.

Especially when it’s true.

@Nuclear Boy claimed that Bernie Sanders is a centrist. Bernie is an admitted socialist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-socialism.html

Kamala Harris was the one of the only senators to his left.



Sanders also caucuses with the Democratic Party, which is leftist (just as the Republican Party is rightist).

I state a fact that isn’t particularly insulting and I get banned. NB tells gigantic lies and that’s alright?

What about when Trump supporters here are all called crazy and uneducated?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-2024-official-thread.7072012/#post-154045025

People are getting sick and tired of this selective censorship. I’m getting tired of it. In only a few weeks, mods have hit me at least three times. It has always been unfair, but (to the mods’ credit) every action has been overturned. This time should be no different. I’ve already exercised extreme patience. Trump’s victory should be seen as a warning to unjustifiable oppression.
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ing-posting-rubbish-troublemaker-etc.8166837/

Like I said, leftists have to tell tales because they cannot formulate arguments.

I called him a “leftist shill”. This is grounds for banning?

There was no vulgarity involved. No relatives were included. “Shill” may not be complimentary, but it isn’t particularly inflammatory either.

Especially when it’s true.

@Nuclear Boy claimed that Bernie Sanders is a centrist. Bernie is an admitted socialist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-socialism.html

Kamala Harris was the one of the only senators to his left.



Sanders also caucuses with the Democratic Party, which is leftist (just as the Republican Party is rightist).

I state a fact that isn’t particularly insulting and I get banned. NB tells gigantic lies and that’s alright?

What about when Trump supporters here are all called crazy and uneducated?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-2024-official-thread.7072012/#post-154045025

People are getting sick and tired of this selective censorship. I’m getting tired of it. In only a few weeks, mods have hit me at least three times. It has always been unfair, but (to the mods’ credit) every action has been overturned. This time should be no different. I’ve already exercised extreme patience. Trump’s victory should be seen as a warning to unjustifiable oppression.

I only read your first sentence in this wall of text you have above before i see a contradiction.
you do not have to resort to name calling if you can formulate arguments.

pls refer to

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/help/flaming/
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Repeated offence by any member will be deemed as an act of purpose violation of our Terms of Use and www.hardwarezone.com® reserves the right to ban offenders from using this forums without prior notice.

and
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...itical-threads-or-flame-wars-in-edmw.7014911/


1. How to argue?
Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg

For Ad hominem and name-calling, its instant 6 points.
Persistent offenders will be banned.


2. Comment on content, not on the commentators.
Using someone's affiliations or a label as ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views is strictly not allowed, whether in EDMW or CAL.

If you are using labels, then that is name calling,
It doesn't matter to say you are not directing label at anyone, obviously its directed at someone.
Do not weasel out by saying its not directed at anyone unless its explicitly stated at people of concern in the thread topic and not thread participants.

below is a non exhaustive list in **[IMPORTANT] EDMW Must-reads!**

other terms include woke, 乳滑, 1450, Little Pink, Clinton crazies, Trump derangement syndrome.
you can refer to this list below, they are however not exhaustive
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Political_pejoratives_for_people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_slurs

Based on the above, you should be getting 6 instead of 3 points, so thanks for the reminder.
 

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112

cranthir

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
5,845
Reaction score
2,112
Anybody else sick of the repressive moderation here? Is this place “woke”?
our forum, by rough estimates around 80% are trump supporters based on poll in one of the thread.
all of them have no problem voicing their opinion or with the moderation.

we moderators have no issue with whatever your pollical inclinations or opinions you have.
however we have a problem if you start insulting or labelling other members.

you can insist on thinking the moderators are woke simply because we do not allow you to insults other.
then fine, you are welcome to use other platforms.

but if one day, you can take the effort to read all the rules and stickies here and in EDMW and decide to follow them, you can PM me or Mod @Ottoke to let us know you understand the rules and we will let you participate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top