Wireless external harddrive

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
hey anyone can recommend the cheapest place to buy wireless external harddrive (seagate wireless plus)?
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,701
Reaction score
526
Please Google for wireless external hard r
drive before spending money on one. The transfer speed is a sore story.
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
Please Google for wireless external hard r
drive before spending money on one. The transfer speed is a sore story.
Kinda need it for multiple file transfer without the hassle of cables, challenger selling it at $259 was kinda hoping it was below $200
 

jace88

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
0
It's been years and it seems there has been little advancement in this space re: wireless hard drives.

I was looking for something which I could take on a long trip around the world, preferably could be charged via Micro USB, USB3, can support internet pass through (i.e. the drive can connect to the internet independently and then share that connection), decent iOS apps, and preferably x265 support for streaming to a tablet (looks like I'd need DLNA for this). Seems like there's nothing quite like this out there yet.

So far the best option seems to be the cheap Seagate 500gb wireless drive > https://www.hachi.tech/product/0763649066812/Seagate-Wireless-500GB-Green

It can be charged over Micro USB (ie my battery pack) but it doesn't support DLNA/acting as a streaming device, nor does it support USB3. Hmm. I also doubt x265 will work either.
 

MrAwesomeX

Banned
Joined
Sep 27, 2015
Messages
13,912
Reaction score
5,855
I

Buy the wireless adapter which works for flash card and all USB devices including hdd .Kingston , Toshiba got cheap and versatile.

Who buys wireless hdd anyways lol maybe too much money to burn?šŸ˜‰ Donate to charity lar
 

jace88

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
0
Buy the wireless adapter which works for flash card and all USB devices including hdd .Kingston , Toshiba got cheap and versatile.

Who buys wireless hdd anyways lol maybe too much money to burn?****************** Donate to charity lar

I really just wanted something portable, all in one, reliable, and able to work with decent apps. I ended up ordering the Seagate Wireless 500gb since it's quite cheap compared to other solutions, and it serves my purpose of giving me movies/videos to stream on my Surface whilst letting the missus stream to her iPad.

I did consider getting an adaptor but wasn't convinced of the apps nor wanting to have another device to carry/maintain.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top