Worth to get Note 4 now?

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,355
Reaction score
7,858
Yes. Good suggestion. I suspect both Note 4 and S5 may be last series of removable battery. Seem the new A3, A5, A7 and now S6 all has internal battery.

Isit all smartphone manufacturers now slowly gonna adopt non-removable batt for all their phones?
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
Isit all smartphone manufacturers now slowly gonna adopt non-removable batt for all their phones?

It is a good strategy such that you have to pay to replace the battery. :s13:
 

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,355
Reaction score
7,858
It is a good strategy such that you have to pay to replace the battery. :s13:

Oh.. u mean for phones with non-removable batt.. when the batt dies.. the service ppl can replace new one for u? Must be quite ex?
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
Yes, it also say application need to re complied to enjoy it. ART is a new runtime complier. As far I know. When you start to use Lollipo, some application will no longer run as ART is the only option.

Yup - that is true. :s13:
But it affects the minority of applications (about the 15%) like you have said.

With ART also comes the switch from 32 to 64-bit, which, in addition to more addressable memory, brings better performance from the 64-bit instruction set, particularly in media and cryptography apps. The best part is app support. While 32-bit apps will still run just fine, ART's on-device compiler can detect a 64-bit-capable device and compile apps for 64-bit, which, again, means instant improvements for 85% of apps with no developer work required. The remaining 15% of native apps will need to be recompiled by the developer to get these 64-bit improvements.

From my usage of ART on Kitkat- i.e. if one does the switch from Dalvik to ART, it's best to do a reformat of the phone prior installing any apps - else there would be unexpected bugs here and there - like battery drains / instability and such...

In any case, 32 or 64 bit, back to the topic, the Note 4 is an excellent phone :) I do have or rather had a Note 4 - it is a good phone that doesn't disappoint in terms of both battery life and performance.
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
Oh.. u mean for phones with non-removable batt.. when the batt dies.. the service ppl can replace new one for u? Must be quite ex?

That's just a joke :s13:

I'm sure there are factors that most mobile phone manufactures consider such as slimness and making the phone more rigid / part of the design language /reduce dust ingestion / manufacturing processes / Safety aspects etc. when they make a decision to have a built in battery - the reason as to why we are seeing more and more brands - HTC / Samsung doing so.. I would like to know too ..

But for the layman or average consumer like you and me, most phones with built in batteries are hard for us to replace..

You may need a heatpad / dryer to warm up the glue etc. Citing an example ifixit recently gave the HTC M9 a 2/10 rating for repairability :s13:

One probably does have to go to a service ctr to replace the battery if the need arises and I don't think it would be cheap in my opinion.

Removable battery wise - which the Note 4 has... you can buy different types of batteries from other makes such as Zerolemon 10000mah for the Note 4 etc etc etc. - so the phone technically can last for a long time..

But then again having removable batteries brings about an issue of safety - cause batteries may not be certified for the phone / fake batteries from aboard etc.

So there are pros and cons to removable batteries vs non removable.
I personally am on the side of removable batteries cause I can swap it out if I have two or more and I feel that devices with removable batteries can last longer
 
Last edited:

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,355
Reaction score
7,858
That's just a joke :s13:

I'm sure there are factors that most mobile phone manufactures consider such as slimness and making the phone more rigid / part of the design language /reduce dust ingestion / manufacturing processes / Safety aspects etc. when they make a decision to have a built in battery - the reason as to why we are seeing more and more brands - HTC / Samsung doing so.. I would like to know too ..

But for the layman or average consumer like you and me, most phones with built in batteries are hard for us to replace..

You may need a heatpad / dryer to warm up the glue etc. Citing an example ifixit recently gave the HTC M9 a 2/10 rating for repairability :s13:

One probably does have to go to a service ctr to replace the battery if the need arises and I don't think it would be cheap in my opinion.

Removable battery wise - which the Note 4 has... you can buy different types of batteries from other makes such as Zerolemon 10000mah for the Note 4 etc etc etc. - so the phone technically can last for a long time..

But then again having removable batteries brings about an issue of safety - cause batteries may not be certified for the phone / fake batteries from aboard etc.

So there are pros and cons to removable batteries vs non removable.
I personally am on the side of removable batteries cause I can swap it out if I have two or more and I feel that devices with removable batteries can last longer

I guess most ppl who use phones with built-in batts will stop using it once the batt dies.. which is a waste cos the rest of the phone (besides the batt) could be in ship-shape..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top