New MRT Station planned between Sembawang/Yishun

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Agree this one has been in the pipeline since 10 yrs ago. Shd be no action until a better part of the Thomson line is complete.

I think maybe they will wait for the surrounding areas etc Simpang to be more developed first? Now just starting only...hmm

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

Those ppl who bought One Canberra (EC) and 8Courtyard (PC) are happily smiling :D

For the station, looks like they will only kick start the Canberra MRT from 2016 onwards....still need to wait and wait :s8:

I think it is kind of widely expected to have a station in between Sembawang and Yishun since they skipped one station number...

Don't think the station will be up so soon. The surrounding areas also not yet developed, just starting only

Most of the BTO projects in this area will TOP only in 2017 so it doesn't make sense to have the Canberra MRT Station to be in operation before that.

cloverpark

Master Member
Reaction score
mine is orchid country club there.

:sad:

Which project? Why sad? I think everyone already know they are building an MRT over there just don't know when.

I've seen the Canberra project area - even went down the road along the longkang to Simpang side. It's quite far from Yishun Ave 1, even in off peak hours, drive over there also takes 10 minutes. There's an industrial area on the other side of the longkang and that's about all to that place.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Simpang will be developed into waterfront new town iirc maybe something like Carribean at Keppel Bay. Admiralty Road East will be extended all the way downwards to Yishun Ave 1 iirc. I just wonder if the small row of shophouses at the junction there be demolished or not in the future.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

According to URA Master Plan 2014 most MRT Stations are often build next to large commercial plots (blue).

Take a look at the map that I created. It's a no brainer on where the future Canberra MRT Station is. In this case next to a mix commercial and residential use plot. :D

Congratulations to all with vested interest to be blessed with a MRT Station at your doorstep. Even better than tio 4D/ToTo unless it's 1 million dollar prize. :s13:

4j8dhf.jpg

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Really is jackpot. Hard to get flats near MRT stations.

Just get units along the road, won't go wrong :)

But don't know if future buyers will choosy or not since its far from town area :(

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

Really is jackpot. Hard to get flats near MRT stations.

Just get units along the road, won't go wrong. :)

But don't know if future buyers will choosy or not since its far from town area :(

Yes it's like hitting jackpot. :s13:

Not just any units that are on the main road will be good because you face noise pollution from the motor vehicles and railway tracks.

2-Room units of Eastlace @ Canberra was the more popular choice in the beginning and the first to sold out as compared to Eastcrown @ Canberra. If one can turn back the clock, I think many buyers of Eastlace will choose Eastcrown instead now. It's all about putting the time in for research and you'll get rewarded.

Those working around Woodlands and Yishun area will favour Sembawang.

Buyers who are willing to pay more will choose to stay in mature estates. Buyers who are on a budget or invest economically will choose to stay in non mature estates. Any property that is very near to MRT Stations will always have high demand. There's a unique selling point which not every property will have.

According to Population White Paper 2013 the projected population will be 5.8 - 6 million by 2020 and 6.5 - 6.9 million by 2030! :s31:

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I don't think the country is ready to support such a big population. Probably areas like LCK or Pulau Ubin will be developed into a new estate.

Do you think the area I live has a good selling point? :)

1) lively area
2) if the new town is a square, I am at the top left corner. MRT in the middle. 15min walk
3) multiple bus services going to/pass by MRT station
4) multiple bus services going to north, east and central of SG
5) future NSE viaduct beside my area

ahjack76

Reaction score
New Canbera Station to be completed by 2019 : LTA

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has announced that a new MRT station, Canberra, will be added to the North-South Line by 2019.:s12:

Densocool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rough estimation of the station location following the actual map's diagrams.

yJjR7D6.jpg

Those bto owners who got it earlier should be happy guppies now.

galaxy_henry

Reaction score
Quite happy with this mrt location.

Estimate 400m from eastwave to new mrt station.

yJjR7D6.jpg

Those bto owners who got it earlier should be happy guppies now.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

Bingo my speculation is 95% accurate! :s13:

Major beneficiaries of the opening of Canberra MRT Station. Estimation based on the centre position of Point A & B and travelling on existing roads.

Canberra MRT Station to Sembawang Shopping Centre 500m
Canberra MRT Station to Canberra Residences (TOP Q4 2018) 600m
Canberra MRT Station to The Nautical (TOP Q1 2019) 600m
Canberra MRT Station to Yishun Sapphire 280m
Canberra MRT Station to Yishun Emerald 400m
Canberra MRT Station to One Canberra (TOP Q4 2015) 600m
Canberra MRT Station to Eight Courtyards (TOP Q3 2015) 550m
Canberra MRT Station to Eastlace @ Canberra (TOP Q2 2017) 360m
Canberra MRT Station to Eastlawn @ Canberra (TOP Q2 2017) 550m
Canberra MRT Station to Eastbrook @ Canberra (TOP Q2 2017) 750m
Canberra MRT Station to Eastwave @ Canberra (TOP Q2 2017) 430m
Canberra MRT Station to Eastbank @ Canberra (TOP Q4 2016) 650m
Canberra MRT Station to Eastcrown @ Canberra (TOP Q3 2017) 380m

4j8dhf.jpg

canberra-0108.png

Seems far from Eastlace and Eastcrown

So much closer to the industrial park than I have thought

I think you got it wrong. It's very close to Eastlace, Eastwave and Eastcrown @ Canberra. Refer to my URA Master Plan 2014 map above.

yJjR7D6.jpg

Your Canberra MRT Station marking is not entirely accurate.

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I think you got it wrong. It's very close to Eastlace, Eastwave and Eastcrown @ Canberra. Refer to my URA Master Plan 2014 map above.

See wrongly :(

Next time those working at Yishun Industrial Park can take train to Canberra...No need peak hours go squeeze bus 811 at Yishun

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra MRT Station

Next time those working at Yishun Industrial Park can take train to Canberra...No need peak hours go squeeze bus 811 at Yishun

Yes those working at Yishun Industrial Park will rejoice too. :s12:

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Those who live near yishun or sembawang gonna huat big. Some more north point gonna expand to be the bbiggrst!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.