Asus RT-N56U VLAN ID settings to use Own Router + Voice on M1

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
Credits to everyone on the forum for their contributions and Qubicfactor for personally sending it to Asus and following up.

Hi guys,

M1 settings has been preset into Asus RT-N56U and now ready for beta testing, please download from:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bw...NGM5ZS00NjkyLTgyYTgtMDZmZjJkZTJiY2I4&hl=en_US

This will allow you to use the Asus as your internet router while the Huawei will just be a voice gateway for your telephone line.

Directions:
Connect Asus WAN port direct to the ONT and Huawei HG to port 3 of Asus' LAN. U can then use port 1,2,4 for internet.

Make sure you select the M1 preset under the advanced WAN settings at the bottom.

This firmware fix should be ready for release soon, kindly inform us through this thread if you notice anything wrong

Last edited:

cptow1

Reaction score
Thanks for staring a thread for M1 user.

Btw, is there any other RG i can buy outside to replace that stupid Huawei RG for my digital voice???

Last edited:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You successfully gotten the settings for the M1 voice for config on other VoIP box?

Care to share the steps?

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
You successfully gotten the settings for the M1 voice for config on other VoIP box?

Care to share the steps?

Nope, this still requires the Ah Wei for voice but at least Asus handles the internet packets exclusively

i started new thread for getting VoIP to work on other box here
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3501881

Nothing yet but in future if anyone would like to experiment can post here, I might get some hardware to test.

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
Should be able to work as SH uses similar implementation but the VLAN IDs are different which is probably why SH and m1 can coexist on the same ONT.

Someone will need to analyze the SH packets to get the VLAN IDs

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be able to work as SH uses similar implementation but the VLAN IDs are different which is probably why SH and m1 can coexist on the same ONT.

Someone will need to analyze the SH packets to get the VLAN IDs

No need to, I have posted this before, refer to FTTH KnowledgeBase

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He request close...

Anyway, the cat is outta the bag already. Just that no one wants to provide guide and piece everything together including voice for 3rd party aio.

There is something of an iptv service from m1, its called the 1box. But it can be used on other internet connection, so there is no specific connection parameters required

Scuderia

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried to replicate the settings given by TS, but only internet works off the Asus router. The HG256 for voip connected to port 3 of the Asus router fail to work. Any one on M1 can comment?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone try this box on SH?

Actually until now, I have not heard of anyone managing to get a connection on SH, despite knowing the VLAN ids.

Either no one actually tested, or managed to get it working.

Last I heard from Chaicka implied a no go.

Last edited:

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to replicate the settings given by TS, but only internet works off the Asus router. The HG256 for voip connected to port 3 of the Asus router fail to work. Any one on M1 can comment?

Check other thread, try Prio 5 for VoIP.

reframe

Reaction score

So did you manage to get voice to work?

midautumn

Reaction score
how to connect N56u to Huawei RG

Hi,

I just bought the N56u. The person said I can configure my huawei to DMZ and use the N56u as the primary router (so prevent the huawei from becoming a bottleneck point).

Now my question is do I set the N56u in router mode or Access Point? I'm also using m1 voice so cannot do away with the huawei RG.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, pls point me in the right direction if so.

Thank you so much.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought the N56u. The person said I can configure my huawei to DMZ and use the N56u as the primary router (so prevent the huawei from becoming a bottleneck point).

Now my question is do I set the N56u in router mode or Access Point? I'm also using m1 voice so cannot do away with the huawei RG.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, pls point me in the right direction if so.

Thank you so much.

N56U as primary router you can try the vlan settings mentioned, but there is no confirmation of working Voice thus far.

Actually for AP mode I just answered this yesterday in another thread.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...forum-320/setting-up-asus-n56-ap-3546700.html

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the traffic needs to pass thru the huawei, less wireless aspect, if there is a bottleneck, all downwards device will be affected.

But then again, there is no bottleneck.

In any case, it should be the AP and not router mode.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.