Mastercard tap in TransitLink

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
1 less card to carry is true,
but now you need to take it out because your other paypass cards can be read as well 😄.

long time ago already like that, cannot put 2 contactless cards in wallet if wan to tap wallet.
now u can just carry 1 mastercard in wallet then u can still tap wallet. ezlink/flashpay/cepas just keep somewhere as backup.
if u know how to organize ur cards in wallet, u can still tap wallet without problem.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
No list. No explanation if we use NFC how can we track the usage.

same as the pilot test.
just register on the portal, use website or app to see transaction history.

btw, NFC or mobile payment here refers to apple/samsung/google pay, which are tied to your mastercard, so the usage is same as physical card ABT.

most info are already available in the link posted above or news article. the only info not yet available is the phones/OS tested. but that's not very important... i guess they may say older phones/watches have weaker nfc signal hence detection is intermittent so not supported... lol.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
same as the pilot test.
just register on the portal, use website or app to see transaction history.

btw, NFC or mobile payment here refers to apple/samsung/google pay, which are tied to your mastercard, so the usage is same as physical card ABT.

most info are already available in the link posted above or news article. the only info not yet available is the phones/OS tested. but that's not very important... i guess they may say older phones/watches have weaker nfc signal hence detection is intermittent so not supported... lol.

Not sure if it really is so simple. Yes you can tap for nfc but can you track? During the pilot people had to get their devices activated. When you use apple or Google pay the credit card numbers are masked. So how can the portal or app know it's tied to which credit card you registered on the portal?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Not sure if it really is so simple. Yes you can tap for nfc but can you track? During the pilot people had to get their devices activated. When you use apple or Google pay the credit card numbers are masked. So how can the portal or app know it's tied to which credit card you registered on the portal?

mobile registration during pilot test is to whitelist/unblock your number for the trial. after 4/4, all local mastercard are open up so no need reg.
the numbers are masked at UI only, the readers can still read the numbers.
don't be influenced by the pilot test and think it's so complicated. :D

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
mobile registration during pilot test is to whitelist/unblock your number for the trial. after 4/4, all local mastercard are open up so no need reg.
the numbers are masked at UI only, the readers can still read the numbers.
don't be influenced by the pilot test and think it's so complicated. :D

The readers see a different number from your actual credit card number. It is not the same.

ice_angel

Reaction score
I have a question. I have a NFC Sim in my phone. The ezlink in Sim card is loaded with money through Dash.
Whenever I tap my phone on vending machines and some jolly ride machine in the shopping mall, it always deducts from my Sim card ezlink and not my Google pay, although I did not launch Dash app.
I once asked the vending machine repair man, he said probably the machine has precedence on ezlink/flashpay over credit cards..

So if I tap my phone on MRT gantry after 4 Apr, will it deduct $$ from my Google pay or my ezlink?
Currently MRT gantry is always deducting my ezlink but then again I did not register for the mobile apps pilot program.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a NFC Sim in my phone. The ezlink in Sim card is loaded with money through Dash.
Whenever I tap my phone on vending machines and some jolly ride machine in the shopping mall, it always deducts from my Sim card ezlink and not my Google pay, although I did not launch Dash app.
I once asked the vending machine repair man, he said probably the machine has precedence on ezlink/flashpay over credit cards..

So if I tap my phone on MRT gantry after 4 Apr, will it deduct $$ from my Google pay or my ezlink?
Currently MRT gantry is always deducting my ezlink but then again I did not register for the mobile apps pilot program.

You need to set Google Pay as your default payment.
But if the vendor doesn't accept Google Pay, then it won't work.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course we can still tap and charge. My question is how can we track in the portal?

Think it will be as per current, the trips will be shown under each card number (for mobile contactless there will be virtual card number). Anyway will know when launched, not something we need to know upfront.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There is a similar query here https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mobile-communication-technology-9/anyone-using-ez-link-nfc-sim-android-pay-5417468.html

ice_angel

Reaction score
You need to set Google Pay as your default payment.
But if the vendor doesn't accept Google Pay, then it won't work.

Already set. Google pay default. And foreground app will take precedence.

But no matter how I try, launch Google pay at foreground, or launch Dash, or close both app, the vending machine always deducts from my phone's ezlink.

Vending machine accepts ezlink/nfp/credit cards. I had to take out the physical credit card to tap the machine if I die die want it to charge to my cc.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Think it will be as per current, the trips will be shown under each card number (for mobile contactless there will be virtual card number). Anyway will know when launched, not something we need to know upfront.

but we cannot register the virtual number if we don't know it right?

ice_angel

Reaction score

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Traz... So fast can find the related post.. :s13:

I replied on the thread liao.. But anyway I have a different observation with the comment inside the thread.

I sent a feedback to LTA, see if I will get any reply.. Hopefully there is some solution rather than I have to go change my SIM card... :o

do update if LTA responds. i don't have nfc sim, but there was once i accidentally tapped my wallet with ezlink and mastercard stacked together. the reader showed error multiple cards detected, then detected my mastercard couple of seconds later and opened the gantry.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Traz... So fast can find the related post.. :s13:

I replied on the thread liao.. But anyway I have a different observation with the comment inside the thread.

I sent a feedback to LTA, see if I will get any reply.. Hopefully there is some solution rather than I have to go change my SIM card... :o

This is the way to deal with the same query but for Samsung pay https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/what-to-take-note-when-using-nfc-sim-card-with-samsung-pay/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.