Xiaomi Android TV Box discussion II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

moron+genius

Reaction score
I’m using kodi wif my mibox but some folders w/o nfo file will not show up in kodi, how can I resolve this problem? TIA

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m using kodi wif my mibox but some folders w/o nfo file will not show up in kodi, how can I resolve this problem? TIA

Not using Kodi and only streaming myself, but it is said you can use something called Universal Movie Scraper add-on which uses IMDB.

And another thing for TV shows.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329975

The Universal Movie Scraper does not work with TV Shows. It is for Movies only. For TV shows you need to rely on https://www.thetvdb.com/ Search for your tv show there.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score

RaptureM3

Reaction score
Hi bros, was told to post here instead to try and find some help. From my previous post:

Having some issues with my Mi Box S hope the bros here can help me out.

I have it paired with a Mi TV 4S Global version, and notice that when i scroll through the apps, or within the Netflix app, scroll from show to show, the screen will flicker once before the preview/auto-play starts playing. When playing YouTube or Netflix videos however, buttery smooth with no flickering. It only happens when scrolling through apps/videos.

I have tried different HDMI cable, different HDMI port, and even put the Mi Box S on another TV, not able to replicate the problem. I don't think it's the TV issue as my Mi TV 4S is global version so comes with Playstore (only no Netflix) and it doesn't flicker as i scroll through the apps or in YouTube.

Might be an issue with the resolution in Mi Box S but i've tried 4k/1080p/etc still flickers.

Have searched Google but doesn't seem to have anyone else facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Will try to take a video and post here soon.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros, was told to post here instead to try and find some help. From my previous post:

Having some issues with my Mi Box S hope the bros here can help me out.

I have it paired with a Mi TV 4S Global version, and notice that when i scroll through the apps, or within the Netflix app, scroll from show to show, the screen will flicker once before the preview/auto-play starts playing. When playing YouTube or Netflix videos however, buttery smooth with no flickering. It only happens when scrolling through apps/videos.

I have tried different HDMI cable, different HDMI port, and even put the Mi Box S on another TV, not able to replicate the problem. I don't think it's the TV issue as my Mi TV 4S is global version so comes with Playstore (only no Netflix) and it doesn't flicker as i scroll through the apps or in YouTube.

Might be an issue with the resolution in Mi Box S but i've tried 4k/1080p/etc still flickers.

Have searched Google but doesn't seem to have anyone else facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Will try to take a video and post here soon.

Most likely due to tv , trying to sense changes in resolutions and setting it automatically. See whether your tv has settings related to this and cec too. Turn them off.

On the box, try turning off cec. Also try not to use auto resolution,see whether it helps.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.