The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe like 10% off or smth... 100% sure there are :)

Edit:care to share which shop quoted you 840?
P*** M*** but i have been going to them for quite some time now so i'm still ok paying rrp. Maybe there are neighborhood optical shops that have lower overheads that can quote much lower (not sure if such shops would stock Lindberg). I know JB easily can get the same lense at a steep discount but now that i am unable to go over just have to settle with local pricing.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, probably if they sense more interest or if you try nudging them abit then it’s possible.
Unfortunately Lindberg don’t just allow anyone to sell their products.
There has to be a certain grade/requirements to be met before Lindberg will allow them to sell the product. More of a brand choosing the shop rather than the shop choosing the brand. So neighbourhood selling it.... hard to find. Lindberg also has a strict Priceline to adhere to, I heard of places being issued warning by them to keep the price at a certain range.
Again Lindberg is not your typical Cartier, Prada , Gucci kind of frame. Those who wears it will understand the design, weight and comfort of the frame. Other countries e.g. japan, hk when I went over does sell certain Lindberg models at a higher price too.

P*** M*** but i have been going to them for quite some time now so i'm still ok paying rrp. Maybe there are neighborhood optical shops that have lower overheads that can quote much lower (not sure if such shops would stock Lindberg). I know JB easily can get the same lense at a steep discount but now that i am unable to go over just have to settle with local pricing.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
To add on, I know a number of individuals who got discount on their Lindberg at taka side. No harm trying to cho cho them.

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, probably if they sense more interest or if you try nudging them abit then it’s possible.
Unfortunately Lindberg don’t just allow anyone to sell their products.
There has to be a certain grade/requirements to be met before Lindberg will allow them to sell the product. More of a brand choosing the shop rather than the shop choosing the brand. So neighbourhood selling it.... hard to find. Lindberg also has a strict Priceline to adhere to, I heard of places being issued warning by them to keep the price at a certain range.
Again Lindberg is not your typical Cartier, Prada , Gucci kind of frame. Those who wears it will understand the design, weight and comfort of the frame. Other countries e.g. japan, hk when I went over does sell certain Lindberg models at a higher price too.

how does japanese frames like yellow plus, waza..etc compare to lindberg?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I guess it falls onto the subjective preference of individuals. I would say generally, many individuals prefer light frames with durability and that leads to Lindberg.
Yellows plus frames is an option should the consumer feels that they prefer a frame which feels more secure(weight on face) but again they aren’t too heavy too.
Waza.. I don’t have much experience with them , based on what I see and know.. I probably rate them under yellows plus still? Japanese frames like yellows plus, yuichi Toyama , eyevans are still better premium alternatives.
All these are again solely based on my Personal opinions and Some consumers around the market. I personally prefer Lindberg and can’t exactly bear the weight or fit of other frames at the moment.

how does japanese frames like yellow plus, waza..etc compare to lindberg?

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To add on, I know a number of individuals who got discount on their Lindberg at taka side. No harm trying to cho cho them.
Their buffalo horn frames look very nice. Maybe next time when i strike toto can consider.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hehe I have one too. But I am aiming for their unica buffalo horn. Slightly more expensive but the marbling looks much better.

Their buffalo horn frames look very nice. Maybe next time when i strike toto can consider.

MeowEatsFish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Made new glasses today. Zeiss smartlife digital lens with 999.9 frames :)

Sent from Google PIXEL 3A using GAGT

cherryblossoms

Reaction score
Anyone know if kodak uvblue has scratch resistance/repel dust etcetc coating ? Couldn't find much info about it other than "blocking uv".

How does it compare with crizal sapphire?
Kodal cheaper by about 50bucks tho.

Thanks

Posted from PCWX using SM-N975F

nethdale

Reaction score

Hi, it won’t go wrong with this buffalo horn because every pair is unique as well as it pricing. So far no regret. Heard there is this Lindberg trunk show now.

LaksaTitan

Reaction score
Maybe you can spend abit more for a frame like yellows plus, lighter, more comfy than rayban but cost about 480? Should be able to last 3-4 years minimally with care. With blue light lens 350 degrees, the frame can hide a 1.50 index thickness lens. So add up... 570?

70 dollar overshot Budget but good frame. Would you be interested?
Any stores you recommend for this? I'll probably only be heading down in about 2-3 weeks after I clear most of my work so any part of SG is fine haha

Sent from OnePlus 7 Pro using GAGT

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Jamco, eyewear optics, kj optometrist, Mr eyewear
Are options that you can look at. :)

Any stores you recommend for this? I'll probably only be heading down in about 2-3 weeks after I clear most of my work so any part of SG is fine haha

Sent from OnePlus 7 Pro using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.