The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

scanman

Reaction score
Need advise. My degree not that high, just astic and lao hua. Previously was on physio progressive and changed to X design progressive last year. My spec got into an accident recently so sad. So what the cost effective suitable lens n frame to change to? Where to change (stay in TPY)? Recommation please.

Don't want too expensive as the x design was pretty ex last year also currently anytime will lose job 😭😭. Thanks in advance!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Switch to comfort 3.0? Or hoya dynamic premium. Evershine optical at TPY might be an option you can look at.

Need advise. My degree not that high, just astic and lao hua. Previously was on physio progressive and changed to X design progressive last year. My spec got into an accident recently so sad. So what the cost effective suitable lens n frame to change to? Where to change (stay in TPY)? Recommation please.

Don't want too expensive as the x design was pretty ex last year also currently anytime will lose job 😭😭. Thanks in advance!

scanman

Reaction score
Switch to comfort 3.0? Or hoya dynamic premium. Evershine optical at TPY might be an option you can look at.
Thanks bro. That lens Cheaper?
Cause i heard ppl say difficult to adapt if its different lens.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Comfort is cheaper. It is under essilor, so lens design is similar, just that reading zone smaller, intermediate zone smaller and distance slightly poorer clarity.

Thanks bro. That lens Cheaper?
Cause i heard ppl say difficult to adapt if its different lens.

scanman

Reaction score
Comfort is cheaper. It is under essilor, so lens design is similar, just that reading zone smaller, intermediate zone smaller and distance slightly poorer clarity.
Price difference between physio n comfort alot?

Actually after wearing X design I feel physio better. Any other lens spec better but cheaper de?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Better in which aspect?

Also how Long have you worn the x design and the physio each?

440 for comfort physio is 5++. However that is based on 1.50 index.

There are alternatives like Kodak, stellify, Pentax.

Price difference between physio n comfort alot?

Actually after wearing X design I feel physio better. Any other lens spec better but cheaper de?

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just made one specs with about 150 to 250 degrees. I added Blue lens + transition lens + oakley frame ($230) total amounted to $500. Is it a decent price?

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
will scratch the frames or become very heavy?

wouldnt scratch as it is some distance away from your spectacle lenses. But yes, will be heavier and sometimes not so comfortable. If you prefer a personalised sunglass/shades, it would be best. can consider slight yellow tint for night driving if not normal brown/gray/green shade for daytime driving :)

consigliere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone saw a ic berlin T116 on display? If, yes please pm me.
Can't find it anywhere locally...

LaksaTitan

Reaction score
Sigh RB broke for the 2nd time, used it for more than 2 years now. Sent RB an email to check if they have spares.

In the meantime with a budget of $450-500 what brands should I be looking out for? Want something that can last longer than this:X

Lenses preferably with blue reflect/cut coating, degree is around 350 both sides

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

villan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi GANGSTERKIA, any recommendation for night driving/night vision?
degree is quite low, around 100+ (excluding astig).
budget around 300-500 with frame. please recommended both frame and lens.

thanks!!

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good price. what brand of lenses did you get?

The shop said currently Hoya having promotion and compared the price with other lens. This is cheaper. But hopefully will be ok. Collecting this coming Sat.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think zeiss drive safelenses will do fine or Hoya enroute pro. Your degree isint too high so lenses should be about 200. So you got about 100-300 for a frame. I think it’s very workable. Frame I not too sure. It’s really have to see which is to your liking. But with 300 as budget I think you have quite a nice range.

Hi GANGSTERKIA, any recommendation for night driving/night vision?
degree is quite low, around 100+ (excluding astig).
budget around 300-500 with frame. please recommended both frame and lens.

thanks!!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

What kind of prescription you have right now?

Sigh RB broke for the 2nd time, used it for more than 2 years now. Sent RB an email to check if they have spares.

In the meantime with a budget of $450-500 what brands should I be looking out for? Want something that can last longer than this:X

Lenses preferably with blue reflect/cut coating, degree is around 350 both sides

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.