Syfe REIT+

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
i am new to this.

looking at the past pages, seems like alot ppl mentioning its negative..

So i am better off putting in fixed guaranteed accounts? i have 2 accounts each of singlife, singtel dash, singtel dash PET, gigantiq, and some other guaranteed accounts such as great eastern great 2.7percent accounts etc. I max out all the accounts at the moment and do still have extra cash but seeing all this reports of negative growth... makes me not keen in putting in all these roboadvisers... like whats the point of investing when there is a possiblity of getting negative instead haha..

Abide.

Reaction score
i am new to this.

looking at the past pages, seems like alot ppl mentioning its negative..

So i am better off putting in fixed guaranteed accounts? i have 2 accounts each of singlife, singtel dash, singtel dash PET, gigantiq, and some other guaranteed accounts such as great eastern great 2.7percent accounts etc. I max out all the accounts at the moment and do still have extra cash but seeing all this reports of negative growth... makes me not keen in putting in all these roboadvisers... like whats the point of investing when there is a possiblity of getting negative instead haha..
U want zero risk of course deposits assuming the bank doesn’t collapse. Reits are stocks leh of course subject to fluctuation. Can’t stomach that den best put in deposits

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
see & compare, honestly the Reits !
graph-of-comparison-between-several-robos--performances.png

https://endowus.com/insights/q3-202...view&utm_campaign=291021-Update-Q3Performance
see 4 yourself!

Last edited:

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that csop might dropped below iOP price at some times so bettr 4 u to diy yourself later (buyg straight into csop)

And do u pref to every now and then do dca, if yes - then obvious reits+

And again it depends whether u hve any other pf w syfe, if u hve in all 20k sgd incld reits+ , your mgt fee shd be just 0.5% or even lower only (depending …. )
Fractional ie your initially amt is so small then obviously syfe reits?
Some might choose to go thru their own broker for some promos/offers or earn points?

But after iop u can purchase in 10units per lot on the mkt too

Csop Currently 0.50% per annum of the Net Asset Value.
But Maximum of 0.80% per annum of the Net Asset Value. (But that exclds the trading fee on sgx)

I rem i posted an article by seedly somewhere too….. did u read?
And do your own due diligence , i even posted a webinar on this too : https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...tf-stock-code-srt-sru.6632668/#post-137691381

Oh ya depending on whether do u need dividends? Elderly at home wanna all divs back hence syfe will accumulate all of them and pay u on a quarterly basis
But if u dont mind the wait and collect all divs paid to u every half a yr, then u hve to go direct w csop (i doubt they do reinvesting of divs for u)
But if your total
Pf w syfe (incld other pf too) is less than 20k sgd u cannot opt for payout!
They will auto invest the divs for u
(No matter how small) so? If u r a lover of reinvesting divs???? Then syfe do
It for u foc!!! ie the goodness of using Robo…
U need to knw your needs better in order to knw which to pick

Dividend Distribution by csop-
SGD Class Units: Semi Annually!

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
To me the qn is not so mucch on whether to use robo or to go w csop etf!?? The ans is rather obvious according to our needs

The qn is more of r we too bz and we dont wanna manage our own stocks?!! If not pick your own good reits and buy your own stocks indvlly
Never will i believe in more is good
, rather less is more!!!

Also over here we discussed two more reit-related , it depends on whether u wanna consider more apac exposure??!??
@eAtNeAt

Last edited:

JetStorm

Reaction score
Any comments on which to invest in given this new etf and reit +?
Dappermen already covered what I want to say. Yes ultimately is see what you want. For me 1) the reits+ is a form of hands off approach for my retired parents so they can get money every 3 months. Set the dividends withdrawal to joint account and finished. 2) 0.4% Fees for a 100k portfolio is also very attractive for a hands off approach. 3) Robo is better for me coz due to occupation alot of restricted rules on buying/selling stocks. I can only choose a limited number of brokers also which are not cheap.

eAtNeAt

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks dappermen and jetstorm. I work in a bank too so there are single stock restrictions. No choice but to go for etf/robo.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks dappermen and jetstorm. I work in a bank too so there are single stock restrictions. No choice but to go for etf/robo.
Wk in a bank cannot buy your own stocks?unless u r directly in invesmt dept?

Csop is an etf

Banks woh- earn alot de
Uob just reported its fantastic 3/4 net profit earnings

JetStorm

Reaction score
Wk in a bank cannot buy your own stocks?unless u r directly in invesmt dept?

Csop is an etf

Banks woh- earn alot de
Uob just reported its fantastic 3/4 net profit earnings
Can buy. But must use the bank approved brokers, so new brokers with low fees like Tiger or Moomoo is usually out.

Common rules for trading is that before buying or selling need to seek approval. Once approved need to execute trade within 24 or 48 hours. By then whatever dip you want to get in at also the price move liao.

Once buy must hold for at least 30 days before selling.

Some banks quite lax on seeking approval for etfs. Some more strict.

Every month need to provide the statement.

If robo, just provide statement only. Less leceh.

JetStorm

Reaction score
Unless you dont mind the seeking approval before buy or sell... dont mind the switching of brokers everytime u switch banks.. just stick to robo. Less headache.

s0crates

Reaction score
ETF is way better for bigger holding because you are getting a tried and tested way of holding securities.

It is managed by a reputable fund manager , with audited financial statements and reports for SGX filing. Things like tracking error and the number of underlying REITs and units are actually properly accounted for

I am not sure how safe is Syfe"s custodian services and thorough is the bookkeeping. Seriously if Syfe end up like Smartly, you cannot be sure what you see in your app is what you get.

Something in finance is working very well, don't need half assed innovation as a value proposition.

Just offering an alternative view to self custodisation and fractionalisation of listed securities :)

Kojo0403

Reaction score
ETF is way better for bigger holding because you are getting a tried and tested way of holding securities.

It is managed by a reputable fund manager , with audited financial statements and reports for SGX filing. Things like tracking error and the number of underlying REITs and units are actually properly accounted for

I am not sure how safe is Syfe"s custodian services and thorough is the bookkeeping. Seriously if Syfe end up like Smartly, you cannot be sure what you see in your app is what you get.

Something in finance is working very well, don't need half assed innovation as a value proposition.

Just offering an alternative view to self custodisation and fractionalisation of listed securities :)
second this.. i am going for thé csop sreit etf too. at least there is proper rules and controls in place for the funds with annual reports.
I can also have a more holistic view of portfolio with my broker which i held my other etfs with.

JetStorm

Reaction score
does it applies to all bk staff eg admin/ receptnists?
Depends on department on access to confidentiality or sensitive market information. A dealer at a trading desk will definitely have more restrictions than a receptionist.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on department on access to confidentiality or sensitive market information. A dealer at a trading desk will definitely have more restrictions than a receptionist.

Indeed for dealers (but ie under uobkh arm?) , investmt bankers and relatnshp mgr, c-suites i understand that

But didnt expect that HR/admin/recept and … etc also inclduded

Tks for educating me! But that puzzled me w eatNeat ‘s qn since he is also in the same industry…. Why the qn???

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
More bought into Reits Now, but didnt see any up in price of those stks in the holdings?
(which measures the performance of 28 #REITs with an index market capitalisation of S$69 billion)

Kojo0403

Reaction score
More bought into Reits Now, but didnt see any up in price of those stks in the holdings?
(which measures the performance of 28 #REITs with an index market capitalisation of S$69 billion)

largely due to market sell off the night before.
the other lion sreit etf fell by 0.50%.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.