HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standchart eSaver

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #1

Standchart eSaver

From now till 31 July 2015, enjoy up to 1.40% p.a interest on eligible balance of up to S$1 million with no lock-in period and no minimum deposit, when you bring in incremental fresh funds* (compared to May 2015’s average daily balance).

Can I know for this promotion, the incremental balance is always calculated against the base month of May 2015 (Jun vs May), (July vs May) or against the previous month (Jun vs May), (July vs Jun) ?
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

From now till 31 July 2015, enjoy up to 1.40% p.a interest on eligible balance of up to S$1 million with no lock-in period and no minimum deposit, when you bring in incremental fresh funds* (compared to May 2015’s average daily balance).

Can I know for this promotion, the incremental balance is always calculated against the base month of May 2015 (Jun vs May), (July vs May) or against the previous month (Jun vs May), (July vs Jun) ?
Not always May, but it's always the designated month they published. It changes every few month.

Currently, it's as per your example, June vs May ADB and July vs May ADB.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
Master Member

prev promo for apr n may is against mar.
Yo2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

How i know which promo one is on? The previous mth promotion is for mth of may and jun vs apr.
naro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

How i know which promo one is on? The previous mth promotion is for mth of may and jun vs apr.
They will update... even send sms and letter... Anyway, it's roughly every 2 month they will change to a new benchmark month. e.g. Apr benchmark May and Jun. Jun benchmark July and August. August benchmark Sept and Oct.

That's the rough idea but no one here can answer you which month will be use as benchmark as it's up to the bank, remember it's a promo.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #6

They will update... even send sms and letter... Anyway, it's roughly every 2 month they will change to a new benchmark month. e.g. Apr benchmark May and Jun. Jun benchmark July and August. August benchmark Sept and Oct.

That's the rough idea but no one here can answer you which month will be use as benchmark as it's up to the bank, remember it's a promo.
sibei confuse. I thought promo always benchmark odd month. Got may & jun vs apr one meh?
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #7
Master Member

Thanks for the info
Panerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

if i open an account in July and deposit funds into it, will i still be eligible for the bonus interest?
K|muRa^84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

if i open an account in July and deposit funds into it, will i still be eligible for the bonus interest?
Yes u will
oceanicmanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #10

sibei confuse. I thought promo always benchmark odd month. Got may & jun vs apr one meh?
Nothing confusing
just follow the promo and don add or subtract anything
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-es...105-I:10002503
Perisher likes this.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #11

Nothing confusing
just follow the promo and don add or subtract anything
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-es...105-I:10002503
Nice link. thanks haha, i think it would clear up a lot for the other people too.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like the next promotion will be fresh funds deposited in Aug to 30 Sep compared with average daily balance in Jul.

Cannot meet present promo from Jun to 31 Jul compared to May average daily balance as I got too much in May and not easy to increase my balance in Jun and Jul. So now moving fund from SCB to Cimb to keep my Jul balance as low as possible for the next promo
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:49 AM   #13

Looks like the next promotion will be fresh funds deposited in Aug to 30 Sep compared with average daily balance in Jul.

Cannot meet present promo from Jun to 31 Jul compared to May average daily balance as I got too much in May and not easy to increase my balance in Jun and Jul. So now moving fund from SCB to Cimb to keep my Jul balance as low as possible for the next promo
They may just extend the current promo for 2 more months, baseline still May's ADB
more3cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #14
Banned

They may just extend the current promo for 2 more months, baseline still May's ADB
ya, high probability they might just extend, hahaha
wts2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #15
Banned

why not move to ocbc360 for 1%?
wts2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.