120mm case fan for the front?

flyerfox

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
879
Reaction score
1
I have a pc case with 1 rear fan only, and I was thinking of adding 1 more intake in the front. Is the cm sickleflow a good choice?

Should also I have both intake and exhasut fans having the same flow? I only got space for 1 rear and front fan.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,245
Reaction score
2,577
its.. how much u want to spend.. sure.. the cm fan is ok to use too..
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
I wanted to buy a CM sickleflow last Saturday, think it was priced at $25, then I saw another CM fan with led, priced at $12. In the end bought the $12 and was very pleased with it, good airflow, quite quiet. I can't remember which shop I bought it from but it's on the upper floors, facing the front, and there is a rack full of fans outside.
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
I wanted to buy a CM sickleflow last Saturday, think it was priced at $25, then I saw another CM fan with led, priced at $12. In the end bought the $12 and was very pleased with it, good airflow, quite quiet.

If CM fans are quiet for you, then Noctua fans must be voodoo silent magic for you :D
 

xKazeolus

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
3,560
Reaction score
23
hijack abit, until now i'm still puzzled with getting static pressure fans or airflow fans for front intake. my current stock fans for intake, can feel the air moving past the hdd cage but when it reaches graphic card area, there's no more moving air. izzit normal? :D
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
If CM fans are quiet for you, then Noctua fans must be voodoo silent magic for you :D

It's not that I find it super quiet or anything, just that I have much higher ambient noise than normal, mostly due to an aquarium chiller located just behind me :s13:
 

flyerfox

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
879
Reaction score
1
I wanted to buy a CM sickleflow last Saturday, think it was priced at $25, then I saw another CM fan with led, priced at $12. In the end bought the $12 and was very pleased with it, good airflow, quite quiet. I can't remember which shop I bought it from but it's on the upper floors, facing the front, and there is a rack full of fans outside.

Do you know which model the $12 fan is? I wanna buy one with red LED
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
16,023
Reaction score
6,526
hijack abit, until now i'm still puzzled with getting static pressure fans or airflow fans for front intake. my current stock fans for intake, can feel the air moving past the hdd cage but when it reaches graphic card area, there's no more moving air. izzit normal? :D

just watch this
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
Do you know which model the $12 fan is? I wanna buy one with red LED

Hahah I bought the red LED one too!

Spec wise, it was slightly inferior to the sickleflow, but considering it was half the price, hoot lah!

Will go home tonight and check the model for you.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
120mm among all the fans that have researched.

Sickleflow and Xtra flow fans are the noisier mainstream fan.

If you are looking for static and quiet fan, Sharkoon Blades are the best you can find.

If you are looking for good air flow type, go for 140mm. They can do very well in briniging more air.
 

ZawLee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2012
Messages
711
Reaction score
0
If you worry about the noise your pc produces, bring it far away from the sound system and monitor. Build a barrier around it. My perfect example of pc isolation is under my bed :D
 

xKazeolus

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
3,560
Reaction score
23
120mm among all the fans that have researched.

Sickleflow and Xtra flow fans are the noisier mainstream fan.

If you are looking for static and quiet fan, Sharkoon Blades are the best you can find.

If you are looking for good air flow type, go for 140mm. They can do very well in briniging more air.

hi, would like to ask between shark blade and enermax cluster advance, which would u recommend?
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
Hahah I bought the red LED one too!

Spec wise, it was slightly inferior to the sickleflow, but considering it was half the price, hoot lah!

Will go home tonight and check the model for you.

Opps I made a mistake. The one that I saw for $25 was the Cooler Master Jetflo. The one that I bought for $12 was the Cooler Master Sickleflow X.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top