1k budget for GPU and CPU upgrade?

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,027
Reaction score
8,286
Thanks for all the advice. I got the 7800 XT and 5700X for around $910. Now wondering if I should switch out my Coolermaster H212 LED for a better cooler or just get some thermal paste to reuse it. The main thing I've never liked about my current cooler is that the red LED light is always on.

Yeah, do consider a better cooler. There are some which are cheaper and have better cooling. The hyper 212 is considered a weak cooler these days.
 

NightRaven49

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
3,742
Reaction score
1,580
Now wondering if I should switch out my Coolermaster H212 LED for a better cooler or just get some thermal paste to reuse it. The main thing I've never liked about my current cooler is that the red LED light is always on.
$90 is more than enough for a good air cooler, half that can get u the thermalright phantom spirit 120 se which cools almost as well as a d15. also remember to run ddu before installing the amd graphics driver.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
Thanks for all the advice. I got the 7800 XT and 5700X for around $946. I went with Hellhound instead for better overall performance for +$36 extra. Now wondering if I should switch out my Coolermaster H212 LED for a better cooler or just get some thermal paste to reuse it. The main thing I've never liked about my current cooler is that the red LED light is always on.

That model the LED is always on, there's no way to turn it off.
hyper-212-led-1200x630.jpg


If you don't like CPU cooler with LED/ARGB are there options out there like Thermalright CPU cooler.
Cooler Master have but it is no more on sale.
 

greatgreenman

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
566
Reaction score
16
Thanks all. I went with:

Powercolor Hellhound RX 7800 XT
Ryzen 7 5700X
Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE

Total is just under $1k. Luckily Lazada just so happened to have some birthday sale with lots of vouchers.
 

KYZT2021

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2021
Messages
21,265
Reaction score
2,789
Thanks all. I went with:

Powercolor Hellhound RX 7800 XT
Ryzen 7 5700X
Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE

Total is just under $1k. Luckily Lazada just so happened to have some birthday sale with lots of vouchers.
The 7800xt should be 712 after voucher?
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,207
Reaction score
2,567
Thanks for all the advice. I got the 7800 XT and 5700X for around $946. I went with Hellhound instead for better overall performance for +$36 extra. Now wondering if I should switch out my Coolermaster H212 LED for a better cooler or just get some thermal paste to reuse it. The main thing I've never liked about my current cooler is that the red LED light is always on.
just repaste will do... no need unless u doing oc....
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,207
Reaction score
2,567
nvm since u brought it already.... please feedback if u feel any diff after upgrading.....
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
That model the LED is always on, there's no way to turn it off.
hyper-212-led-1200x630.jpg


If you don't like CPU cooler with LED/ARGB are there options out there like Thermalright CPU cooler.
Cooler Master have but it is no more on sale.
Can unplug the argh or swap fan right?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top