1k rig

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
I managed to have a success closure on my purchase with Kinguin.net.

I logged a problem with Kinguin and at the same time logged a dispute with Paypal. Kinguin requested me to prove that the product key was indeed used. They provided me with a Microsoft webpage to activate the product key.

Going into the Microsoft webpage I did an online chat with the Microsoft Supporter. I provided the product key and the person confirmed that it was activated previously. After some pleading the person was nice to further provide the month of activation. Using the screenprint I sent the information back to Kinguin.

They accepted my evidence and refunded me this week. I don't know if using PayPal helped in this case but just happy this issue is resolved successfully. I just saw my amount being reversed at PayPal side.

:)
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
I managed to have a success closure on my purchase with Kinguin.net.

I logged a problem with Kinguin and at the same time logged a dispute with Paypal. Kinguin requested me to prove that the product key was indeed used. They provided me with a Microsoft webpage to activate the product key.

Going into the Microsoft webpage I did an online chat with the Microsoft Supporter. I provided the product key and the person confirmed that it was activated previously. After some pleading the person was nice to further provide the month of activation. Using the screenprint I sent the information back to Kinguin.

They accepted my evidence and refunded me this week. I don't know if using PayPal helped in this case but just happy this issue is resolved successfully. I just saw my amount being reversed at PayPal side.

:)

Seller probably afraid since you use Paypal. Good that it is helpful to you and we gonna boycott this kinguin from now.
Thanks for heads up!
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
I won't say to totally write them off. Kinguin is like Q0010 where Kinguin provides a platform for sellers. I am happy with the way they responded to my issue. They did not pretend / deny there is no problem. Our communication both ways usually takes less than 2 days for each response. The only feedback I have about them is that there is no review or feedback on the sellers and thus we cannot tell if a particular seller got play punk or not.

I would say that we buy with our eyes open. Use Paypal for better insurance against website / parties you are not familiar to. And buy in small amount to test water. My purchase was less than 40sgd. If I don't get it back heart not so broken.

I choose to use Kinguin over Reddit simply because British Pound is weaker now and thus the price was more attractive. If this deal went through I would have scored a nice goal......:s13:

Seller probably afraid since you use Paypal. Good that it is helpful to you and we gonna boycott this kinguin from now.
Thanks for heads up!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top