$2000 Gaming PC 1440p 144Hz

skysurfer

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
40
Hi Everyone,

Can I please get a recommendation for a PC that can support FPS games and Red Dead Redemption in High settings on 27" 1440p 144hz? Budget of $2000. Do not require rams, peripherals or windows 10.

Mobo+CPU – Would like to try AMD. Require a 4 ram slot mobo.
GPU – Would like a 3070.
Memory – I have a HyperX 3200Mhz 8GBx4 Kit
SSD/NVME M.2 – ?
HDD Storage – ?
Case: ?
PSU: ?

Thanks in advance!
 

skrekro

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
995
Reaction score
5
Cpu+mobo: 5600x + b550m aorus elite
Ssd: 500gb ssd crucial mx500
Gpu: rtx 3080 zotac/palit/gigabyte or 6800 xt
Psu: 650w seasonic psu
Casing: your pick

Pcthemes or tradepac.

3070 can't really go 1440p 144fps. 3080 is what you should aim. My rtx 3070 can only hit 72fps for rdr2 mixed settings.
 
Last edited:

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
4,235
Reaction score
33
Cpu+mobo: 5600x + b550m aorus elite
Ssd: 500gb ssd crucial mx500
Gpu: rtx 3080 zotac/palit/gigabyte or 6800 xt
Psu: 650w seasoning psu
Casing: your pick

Pcthemes or tradepac.

3070 can't really go 1440p 144fps. 3080 is what you should aim. My rtx 3070 can only hit 72fps for rdr2 mixed settings.

5600x is capable of hitting 144fps?
 

skysurfer

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
40
Cpu+mobo: 5600x + b550m aorus elite
Ssd: 500gb ssd crucial mx500
Gpu: rtx 3080 zotac/palit/gigabyte or 6800 xt
Psu: 650w seasoning psu
Casing: your pick

Pcthemes or tradepac.

3070 can't really go 1440p 144fps. 3080 is what you should aim. My rtx 3070 can only hit 72fps for rdr2 mixed settings.

Thanks for the quick reply. Should I increase my budget for a 3700X CPU and a 750W PSU? If so, what do you reckon I should go for? and I will need a B550 non-M for the appropriate ram slots correct? Sorry im kinda new to PC building. Thanks for the help.
 

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
4,235
Reaction score
33
Thanks for the quick reply. Should I increase my budget for a 3700X CPU and a 750W PSU? If so, what do you reckon I should go for? and I will need a B550 non-M for the appropriate ram slots correct? Sorry im kinda new to PC building. Thanks for the help.

so far 5600x benchmark results for gaming is better than 3700x...
 

Potatingus

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
so far 5600x benchmark results for gaming is better than 3700x...

It is way better than 3700x for 1080p, but the boost in frames for 1440p gaming is not as significant... And you get a better cooler for 3700x

If you don't need any productivity and it's purely gaming, I think 3600 is still better for money if you are getting 3070... not much bottleneck on the cpu for 1440p gaming, or perhaps with the money saved can push the 3070 to 3080 or RX6800XT
 

skrekro

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
995
Reaction score
5
Thanks for the quick reply. Should I increase my budget for a 3700X CPU and a 750W PSU? If so, what do you reckon I should go for? and I will need a B550 non-M for the appropriate ram slots correct? Sorry im kinda new to PC building. Thanks for the help.

3700x should cost the same as 5600x but a 5600x is a lot better for gaming. I just suggested the 3700x in case you can't get a 5600x. 5600x should take priority. I wouldn't suggest to get a 3600 too unless 2nd hand. The moment you buy it you're already a gen behind when the next gen is heaps better. I'm already running into slowdowns during multitasking using a 3600 too.

650w should be fine. 750w only if it doesn't exceed your budget.

Aorus elite M comes with 4 rams slots. Lesser sata ports though
 
Last edited:

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
4,235
Reaction score
33
3700x should cost the same as 5600x but a 5600x is a lot better for gaming. I just suggested the 3700x in case you can't get a 5600x. 5600x should take priority. I wouldn't suggest to get a 3600 too unless 2nd hand. The moment you buy it you're already a gen behind when the next gen is heaps better. I'm already running into slowdowns during multitasking using a 3600 too.

650w should be fine. 750w only if it doesn't exceed your budget.

Aorus elite M comes with 4 rams slots. Lesser sata ports though

just wondering, the b550m only lose out to b550 by the sata port that's all? can i connect 2 3.5" hdd to a b550m, with nvme gen 4 as primary OS?
 

skysurfer

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
40
Mobo+CPU : Ryzen 5600x + B550m Aorus Elite $636
GPU : Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 Gaming Pro $1200
SSD : Crucial MX500 $89
PSU : Seasonic Focus 750W Gold $175
Memory : I have a HyperX 3200Mhz 8GBx4 Kit
Case : ?

Current Total : $2100 without case (not decided)

For comments on the above parts pls. Would the B550m Aorus Elite be a good choice for overclocking? (as i intend to). Any recommendation for a nice case ~$150? I will be able to stretch my budget to $2300.
 
Last edited:

skrekro

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
995
Reaction score
5
what kinds of design you like? tempered glass? or closed build. If you want to OC, get the Asrock steel legend instead for 30+ more.
 
Last edited:

NightRaven49

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
3,742
Reaction score
1,580
Mobo+CPU : Ryzen 5600x + B550m Aorus Elite $636
GPU : Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 Gaming Pro $1200
SSD : Crucial MX500 $89
PSU : Seasonic Focus 750W Gold $175
Memory : I have a HyperX 3200Mhz 8GBx4 Kit
Case : ?

Current Total : $2100 without case (not decided)

For comments on the above parts pls. Would the B550m Aorus Elite be a good choice for overclocking? (as i intend to). Any recommendation for a nice case ~$150? I will be able to stretch my budget to $2300.

the b550m aorus elite is one of the worst b550 boards in terms of vrm thermals, so i wouldnt recommend it for overclocking. the full atx b550 non m aorus elite is fine though. i agree with skrekro, the steel legend is, while not excellent, miles ahead in vrm performance. or u can pony up even more and get msi's b550m mortar, which is best matx board in this regard.

(skip to 15:09 for the results)

then again the 5600x is just a hexa core, so it wont stress the vrm too much.

case wise i would suggest the cooler master nr400. heard good things about it and gpu clearance seems adequate too.
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
Mobo+CPU : Ryzen 5600x + B550m Aorus Elite $636
GPU : Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 Gaming Pro $1200
SSD : Crucial MX500 $89
PSU : Seasonic Focus 750W Gold $175
Memory : I have a HyperX 3200Mhz 8GBx4 Kit
Case : ?

Current Total : $2100 without case (not decided)

For comments on the above parts pls. Would the B550m Aorus Elite be a good choice for overclocking? (as i intend to). Any recommendation for a nice case ~$150? I will be able to stretch my budget to $2300.

No consideration on cpu cooler if want to OC?
 

skysurfer

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
40
what kinds of design you like? tempered glass? or closed build. If you want to OC, get the Asrock steel legend instead for 30+ more.

Tempered glass would be nice. Ok I will change it to the steel legend.

NightRaven49, thanks for the recommendation of the CM NR400. However its too minimalist for my taste. Any other tempered glass case with a little more shape and flair? :s13:

Oh yes. and any Fan cooler to recommend?
 
Last edited:

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,126
Reaction score
2,067
5600x better for gaming over 3700x.

for 1440p 144hz gaming, need see graphics card also leh..

i think getting at least a tower cpu cooler to replace the stock cooler would be good to have too.
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Tempered glass would be nice. Ok I will change it to the steel legend.

NightRaven49, thanks for the recommendation of the CM NR400. However its too minimalist for my taste. Any other tempered glass case with a little more shape and flair? :s13:

Oh yes. and any Fan cooler to recommend?

Lian Li PC-O11? Our fellow HWC builder.
29eCjHt.jpg


Thermaltake Riing Quad? The brightest and most colourful RGB LED fan.
Turnoff? It's pricing is very high.
maxresdefault.jpg
 

congster2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,273
Reaction score
5,358
Mobo+CPU : Ryzen 5600x + B550m Aorus Elite $636
GPU : Palit GeForce RTX™ 3080 Gaming Pro $1200
SSD : Crucial MX500 $89
PSU : Seasonic Focus 750W Gold $175
Memory : I have a HyperX 3200Mhz 8GBx4 Kit
Case : ?

Current Total : $2100 without case (not decided)

For comments on the above parts pls. Would the B550m Aorus Elite be a good choice for overclocking? (as i intend to). Any recommendation for a nice case ~$150? I will be able to stretch my budget to $2300.

182 can get 850w seasonic gx
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top