2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
thanks guys for the advise. will try do a factory reset again and install the basic apps ie...whatsapp, fb all this first. will update u guys again if the battery still drain like free :s22:

*btw, does CDTi does 1 to 1 replacement or they fix it.

Can you list what apps you installed? Or do you suspect any app so far?
 

eejoel

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
I have a question, I bought a USB type C earpiece that comes with a mouthpiece to talk on the phone. I can hear music but the other recipient can't hear my voice when I talk BUT when i use the google pixel ear piece, everything runs fine and I can talk on the phone and hear music. =_= I suspect my phone only likes google products and not other brands. Anyone knows why?
 

shikoto

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
89
I have a question, I bought a USB type C earpiece that comes with a mouthpiece to talk on the phone. I can hear music but the other recipient can't hear my voice when I talk BUT when i use the google pixel ear piece, everything runs fine and I can talk on the phone and hear music. =_= I suspect my phone only likes google products and not other brands. Anyone knows why?

There is a hardware DRM. Your accessories have to be Google Approved devices.
 

eejoel

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
There is a hardware DRM. Your accessories have to be Google Approved devices.

whats hardware DRM? so i guess my ear piece is not google approved devices although is type C.. but can hear music though just that the mouthpiece is not working.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
There is a hardware DRM. Your accessories have to be Google Approved devices.


I don't think there is hardware DRM. It's just a USB-C issue as there is no standards implemented properly for a lot of USB-C devices. Some can work on some phones, while not on others. It's quite a messed up situation.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
whats hardware DRM? so i guess my ear piece is not google approved devices although is type C.. but can hear music though just that the mouthpiece is not working.





tl;dr get a refund, you can't do much.
 

shikoto

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
89
I don't think there is hardware DRM. It's just a USB-C issue as there is no standards implemented properly for a lot of USB-C devices. Some can work on some phones, while not on others. It's quite a messed up situation.

Maybe DRM is too strong a word, just that Google has implemented strict standards to follow for accessories to be "Google Approved".

My USB-C - 3.5mm converters from other phones won't work on the P3XL, it just shows a "This analogue device cannot be used on the Pixel", but works with Samsung/Sony etc. phones just fine.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Crossing my fingers, hope tomorrow my Pixel 3 XL gets delivered to me no issue. :s13:
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Maybe DRM is too strong a word, just that Google has implemented strict standards to follow for accessories to be "Google Approved".

My USB-C - 3.5mm converters from other phones won't work on the P3XL, it just shows a "This analogue device cannot be used on the Pixel", but works with Samsung/Sony etc. phones just fine.


Nah, it's not about being Google approved. It's just USB-C is a shiat show and nobody wants to follow any kind of standards. :s13:
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Wah finally u hoot lol. Your delivery so fast? Today order tomorrow get? Mine i order already need wait 1 week. Not sure is it singtel slow


Well, I ordered last week, the delivery date can set one so I set tomorrow which is the earliest they can. I still don't understand why the White one so hard to get, cannot collect from my nearby Singtel outlet, must die die pay $8 for the pop station delivery.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Well, I ordered last week, the delivery date can set one so I set tomorrow which is the earliest they can. I still don't understand why the White one so hard to get, cannot collect from my nearby Singtel outlet, must die die pay $8 for the pop station delivery.

Precisely lor. Cant collect from store. Cant even collect at comscenter :s22: why they need to do it in this way lol
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Precisely lor. Cant collect from store. Cant even collect at comscenter :s22: why they need to do it in this way lol


I just hope the set no issue good enough liao. Unlike Samsung which is everywhere and easy to get to, CTDI is damn far for me. :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top